I will be graduating this December from college and am looking to move to the Caribbean within 1 to 2 months after. I wanted to know the best islands to move to for people in their 20's. I would be there anywhere from 4 months to a year.
I spent the past three years living on an island off the coast of North Carolina. I don't leave the island much at all and my main transportation has been a bike. I work on the island and volunteer with the sea turtle program. I really like the laid back minimalist lifestyle I've had here. I also have really enjoyed the community that living an island creates.
WIth that being said! I am very open to anywhere. I have visited the Virgin Islands before which has inspired me to move to the Caribbean. I am very adventurous and want to live in a place where I can be active and participate in plenty of outdoor activities. Being right out of college, a place where I can live off a reasonable budget is ideal. I would like a place where alot of young people move to so I don't feel too far from home. As far as work goes I am open to doing anything from working at a school (my major is a combined one of social science and special education), on a boat, at a bar ect.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 2 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 3 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 6 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 7 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 8 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 40 min layover in CLT
- 11 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 12 Atlantis 1 day
- 13 Atlantis on a budget
- 14 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 15 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 16 St. Barts
- 17 Buses in Aruba
- 18 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 19 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 20 Stingray City Tour
- 21 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 22 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 23 Bahama's outer island
- 24 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 25 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring