Will be travelling with my girlfriend next february somewhere in the Caribbean. Because of our budget, our agent has only recommended resorts in Mexico, Cuba or DR.
Our budget? Maximum of $2000 each, for flight-hotel. Most of the packages I've seen for 3.5+ star hotels START at around $2-2500 and go up from there.
Is it possible to have a fantastic vacation, stay in a 3+ star hotel, OUTSIDE of DR, Cuba and Mexico, on our limited budget?
Thanks for any and all replies!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 2 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 3 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 4 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 5 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 6 Looking for destination suggestions
- 7 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 8 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 9 Any suggestions??
- 10 Gustavia stay
- 11 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 12 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 13 My week in Guadeloupe
- 14 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 15 Which Island?
- 16 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 17 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 18 Freeport, Bahamas
- 19 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 20 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 21 Freeport Hotel
- 22 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 23 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 24 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 25 First Time in the Caribbean...advise needed!