Will be travelling with my girlfriend next february somewhere in the Caribbean. Because of our budget, our agent has only recommended resorts in Mexico, Cuba or DR.
Our budget? Maximum of $2000 each, for flight-hotel. Most of the packages I've seen for 3.5+ star hotels START at around $2-2500 and go up from there.
Is it possible to have a fantastic vacation, stay in a 3+ star hotel, OUTSIDE of DR, Cuba and Mexico, on our limited budget?
Thanks for any and all replies!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cubarinking water?
- 2 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 3 First time to PR
- 4 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 5 Catamaran in BVI Bareboat 12 nights
- 6 No rain in June PLEASE
- 7 Family vacation for divers
- 8 Cuba
- 9 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 10 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 11 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 12 Island recommendation
- 13 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 14 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 15 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 16 Can I take alcohol?
- 17 Scrub Island Resort
- 18 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 19 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 20 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 21 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 22 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 23 Island advice plz!
- 24 St. John Trip Report
- 25 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip