Will be travelling with my girlfriend next february somewhere in the Caribbean. Because of our budget, our agent has only recommended resorts in Mexico, Cuba or DR.
Our budget? Maximum of $2000 each, for flight-hotel. Most of the packages I've seen for 3.5+ star hotels START at around $2-2500 and go up from there.
Is it possible to have a fantastic vacation, stay in a 3+ star hotel, OUTSIDE of DR, Cuba and Mexico, on our limited budget?
Thanks for any and all replies!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tour advice
- 2 Mango Reef Restaurant in Turks and Caicos
- 3 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 4 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 5 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 6 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 7 Resort Recommendations
- 8 Island with golf
- 9 West Coast US and Carribean
- 10 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 11 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 12 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 13 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 14 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Tour Operator?
- 17 Travel Advice Needed
- 18 Puerto Plata
- 19 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 20 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 21 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 22 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 25 Transportation to Exuma