I have absolutely no experience with the Dominican Republic. I think I heard that there are two very different "sides?" of the island. Can anyone explain this? Also, we are a married couple in our late 40's looking for a great resort that has beautiful decor/grounds, excellent food and service, varied evening entertainment and a nice beach and pool. Access to golf would be a plus. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help.
Best Area and Resort on Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Early January vs Mid February?
- 2 Sudden trip! Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Small resorts like Galley Bay in Caribbean
- 5 Jamaica vs The DR
- 6 Jamica: AI or Not?
- 7 Atlantis - what needs to be booked in advance?
- 8 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 9 celebrating 40
- 10 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 11 Where to go in February/March
- 12 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 13 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 16 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 17 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 18 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 21 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 24 St. Croix and sea grass
- 25 Multiple flights in Caribbean