I have absolutely no experience with the Dominican Republic. I think I heard that there are two very different "sides?" of the island. Can anyone explain this? Also, we are a married couple in our late 40's looking for a great resort that has beautiful decor/grounds, excellent food and service, varied evening entertainment and a nice beach and pool. Access to golf would be a plus. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help.
Best Area and Resort on Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 2 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 3 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 4 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP