Well, it's that time again: BFF and I are once more on the hunt for an incredible Spring Break adventure, and we're heading to Bermuda to do it. We're thrilled to death, after the incredible time we had in Puerto Rico a few years back (thanks, in large part, to your recommendations), and we're hoping Bermuda will be just as welcoming. Pembroke, here we come!
We are looking for some recommendations from you all, expert Fodorite Forum participants! We've been scouring the websites, but they're just piquing our interests; worse still, they're not that comprehensive. And that's where you all come in. Here's our wishlist:
1. We are planning on renting scooters for a few days, and we're also looking to ride horses at least once. We've heard that Elbow Bay something something is good for the scooters. Confirmation of that? And what about the horses?
2. We would love a recommendation for where to best experience island cuisine. We are travelling on teacher budgets (read: peanuts!), so we need something affordable (I know: affordable? And you're going to Bermuda? Yes, well ... we're renting a very cheap apartment so we can cook the other meals!)
3. How much time should we allot to visiting St. George? We're both interested in history, particularly UNESCO sites.
4. Best beach for hanging out and reading, with the occasional quick swim?
5. Can't miss attractions: which ones? (We're not big on bugs, creepy crawlies or natural history of any sort, by the way.)
6. We will be there the third week of April; will the Botanic Garden be worth a visit?
7. As for shopping ... where's the best place to do it? Hamilton? (We'd be looking for unique things, maybe local crafts and what not.)
If there's anything else you can think of, or personal experiences you'd like to recommend, please send them on! We're always happy to get your input.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI trip questions
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 4 aruba fun!!!
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Peterson
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 9 St.Lucia newbie
- 10 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 13 Turks and caicos
- 14 Aruba weather
- 15 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 16 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 17 Turks and caicos
- 18 Cruise stop activities
- 19 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 20 Jade Mountain
- 21 Honeymoon Help!!
- 22 Bermuda
- 23 Restaurant Suggestions
- 24 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 25 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort