We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 2 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 3 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 4 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 5 Canadian money exchange ??
- 6 Family trip to Jamaica
- 7 Vieques Island
- 8 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 9 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 10 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 11 Best island for food and beaches
- 12 Cuba tour companies
- 13 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 14 Resort rent out for wedding
- 15 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 16 St. Croix
- 17 Safe, family friendly Island
- 18 Help choosing an island
- 19 Hotel on Turks
- 20 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 23 December celebration trip
- 24 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 25 St. Bart's, French St. Martin or Turks & Caicos for family?
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?