We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Family with infants/toddlers
- 3 Ferry to Rum Point
- 4 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 5 Islands with great nightlife
- 6 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 7 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 8 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 9 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 10 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 11 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 12 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 13 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 14 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 15 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 16 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 17 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 18 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 19 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 20 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 21 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 22 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 23 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 24 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 25 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales