We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 My New Life !
- 2 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 3 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 4 Cuba
- 5 When to go to El Yunque
- 6 Honeymoon Advice
- 7 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 8 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 9 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 10 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 11 Conference in Cuba in February
- 12 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 13 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 14 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 15 Help me to pick an island
- 16 Small boat excursion
- 17 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 18 Overwhelmed....
- 19 Can you tell me where?
- 20 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 21 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 22 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 23 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 24 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 25 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?