We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 2 Vacation Ideas
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?