We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 2 Cottage on the beach
- 3 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 4 Island Hopping
- 5 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 6 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 7 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 17 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 18 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 20 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 21 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?