We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 2 Charter of a yacht
- 3 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 4 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 5 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 6 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 7 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 8 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 9 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 10 Looking for destination suggestions
- 11 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 12 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 13 Any suggestions??
- 14 Gustavia stay
- 15 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 16 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 17 My week in Guadeloupe
- 18 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 19 Which Island?
- 20 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 21 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 22 Freeport, Bahamas
- 23 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 24 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 25 Freeport Hotel
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?