We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 2 turks caicos
- 3 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 4 Curacao
- 5 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 6 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 7 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 8 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 9 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 10 Groupon Tours
- 11 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 12 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 13 Location
- 14 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 15 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 16 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 17 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 18 Private tours in Cuba
- 19 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 20 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 21 Bahamas girls trip
- 22 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 23 Cuba Tour Companies
- 24 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 25 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?