We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 2 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 3 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 4 Resort Recommendations
- 5 Island with golf
- 6 West Coast US and Carribean
- 7 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 8 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 9 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 10 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 11 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Tour Operator?
- 14 Travel Advice Needed
- 15 Puerto Plata
- 16 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 17 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 18 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 19 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 20 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 21 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 22 Transportation to Exuma
- 23 Nassau temp late Jan
- 24 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 25 Sandals, Montego Bay
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?