We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 2 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 3 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 4 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 5 Cuba in November
- 6 Evening temperatures
- 7 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 8 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 9 50th Birthday with Family
- 10 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 11 Birthday Celebration
- 12 DR - All inclusive
- 13 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 14 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 15 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 16 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 17 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 18 Late May Trip
- 19 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 20 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Cheers to Beers!
- 23 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 24 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 25 New Years Eve / St John
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?