We are considering visiting either Bermuda or Barbados for a July visit. I am aware that it is hurricane season and will be hot/humid. We always travel to the Caribbean/Atlantic islands in the summer and have no problem with the heat.
We intend to self cater and LOVE beaches. Which island has nicer beaches? I have heard they both have absolutely stunning beaches so we are having a hard time deciding.
We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s so a little bit of nightlife would be good but nothing too crazy. I know Bermuda is not known for nightlife, but there must be a couple pubs or something in Hamilton. Both destinations are supposed to be pretty safe…
Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. If we don’t go to Bermuda this time around, we will another time. The same goes for Barbados…just want to know what would be best for a relaxing July vacation!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 2 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 3 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 4 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 5 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 6 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 7 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 8 Cuba in November
- 9 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 10 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 11 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 12 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Tennis in Aruba question
- 15 christmas in the caribbean
- 16 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 17 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 18 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 19 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 20 Jamaica
- 21 Money in Jamaica
- 22 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 24 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 25 Atlantis in Nassau
Bermuda vs Barbados – which island for a first time visit?