I've been looking through lonely planet as well as fodor's and trip advisor, but its difficult to find a place to stay in one of the keys that isn't too far from Havana. I was thinking Cayo Guillermo, Cayo Levisa, or Isla de la Juventud. Does anyone have experience with distances to these places (by bus or car from Havana), or know of hotels that are NOT all inclusive resorts? We'd especially be interested in casa particulares that are on the beach if there are any...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Peterson
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Cruise stop activities
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Jade Mountain
- 19 Honeymoon Help!!
- 20 Bermuda
- 21 Restaurant Suggestions
- 22 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
Beaches near (3-4 hrs tops) Havana not too touristy...????