I've been looking through lonely planet as well as fodor's and trip advisor, but its difficult to find a place to stay in one of the keys that isn't too far from Havana. I was thinking Cayo Guillermo, Cayo Levisa, or Isla de la Juventud. Does anyone have experience with distances to these places (by bus or car from Havana), or know of hotels that are NOT all inclusive resorts? We'd especially be interested in casa particulares that are on the beach if there are any...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana Excursions
- 2 customs questions
- 3 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 4 Nassau Bahamas
- 5 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 6 Biking in Caribbean
- 7 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 8 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 9 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 10 Help with how long on each island.
- 11 Small Carribean Hotel
- 12 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 13 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 14 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 15 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 16 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 17 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 18 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 19 Hiking in St. John
- 20 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 23 Turks Caicos July 19 - Aug 2
- 24 Struggling with Decision for Honeymoon (St. Barts/St. Lucia)
- 25 Negril questions
Beaches near (3-4 hrs tops) Havana not too touristy...????