We are traveling to Puerto Rico for 4 days in the week between Christmas and New Years - it will be our first trip to Puerto Rico. We are looking forward to Old San Juan, El Yunque, etc, and we are also looking forward to spending some time at the beach. I have heard mixed views about the beaches in SJ (isla verde and condando areas) – so while we will spend time on these beaches, we will likely thus likely go outside a little for the beach, but we have limited time so we can't go too far. A few questions: how are the beaches on dorado? Being from NYC, we don't drive much, so if we don’t rent a car, can we take cab/shuttle? Also, how is the beach at Luiquillo? And how do the beaches compare to the ones in SJ. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Beaches in / near San Juan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 2 Too many choices.....
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 5 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 6 Best Island for Me?
- 7 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 8 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 9 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 10 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 11 Cuba with Gate 1
- 12 Anguilla stay?
- 13 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 14 Back from San Juan
- 15 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 16 San Juan Airport
- 17 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 18 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 19 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 20 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 21 Storm ?
- 22 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 23 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 24 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 25 Kristen- where are you?????