We are traveling to Puerto Rico for 4 days in the week between Christmas and New Years - it will be our first trip to Puerto Rico. We are looking forward to Old San Juan, El Yunque, etc, and we are also looking forward to spending some time at the beach. I have heard mixed views about the beaches in SJ (isla verde and condando areas) – so while we will spend time on these beaches, we will likely thus likely go outside a little for the beach, but we have limited time so we can't go too far. A few questions: how are the beaches on dorado? Being from NYC, we don't drive much, so if we don’t rent a car, can we take cab/shuttle? Also, how is the beach at Luiquillo? And how do the beaches compare to the ones in SJ. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Beaches in / near San Juan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?