We are traveling to Puerto Rico for 4 days in the week between Christmas and New Years - it will be our first trip to Puerto Rico. We are looking forward to Old San Juan, El Yunque, etc, and we are also looking forward to spending some time at the beach. I have heard mixed views about the beaches in SJ (isla verde and condando areas) – so while we will spend time on these beaches, we will likely thus likely go outside a little for the beach, but we have limited time so we can't go too far. A few questions: how are the beaches on dorado? Being from NYC, we don't drive much, so if we don’t rent a car, can we take cab/shuttle? Also, how is the beach at Luiquillo? And how do the beaches compare to the ones in SJ. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 2 St. Maarten with older teens
- 3 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 4 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 5 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 6 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 7 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 8 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 9 Looking for destination suggestions
- 10 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 11 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 12 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 13 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 14 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 15 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 16 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 17 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 18 Any suggestions??
- 19 Gustavia stay
- 20 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 21 My week in Guadeloupe
- 22 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 23 Which Island?
- 24 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 25 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)