We are traveling to Puerto Rico for 4 days in the week between Christmas and New Years - it will be our first trip to Puerto Rico. We are looking forward to Old San Juan, El Yunque, etc, and we are also looking forward to spending some time at the beach. I have heard mixed views about the beaches in SJ (isla verde and condando areas) – so while we will spend time on these beaches, we will likely thus likely go outside a little for the beach, but we have limited time so we can't go too far. A few questions: how are the beaches on dorado? Being from NYC, we don't drive much, so if we don’t rent a car, can we take cab/shuttle? Also, how is the beach at Luiquillo? And how do the beaches compare to the ones in SJ. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Beaches in / near San Juan
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?