Hello Fodor's community,
Long time lurker here with a few questions. My wife and I are looking to visit Turks sometime in July. I wanted to get some insight from the pros on this site. It’s been a while since our last tropical vacation due to the birth of our first child and we are looking forward to a romantic getaway for 5 days and 4 nights.
1. As far as hotel accommodations, ideally we wanted to work with a budget of $3000 to $3500 including air fare; but after doing some more research it’s pretty clear that you can’t get away with a Cancun type budget here if you want top notch luxury. Knowing this now, we are willing to pony up an additional grand if the hotel experience is going to be that much more enjoyable, but would like to know which resort to go with based on the variables below:
a. Proximity to restaurants and grocery store
b. An adult driven resort w/out a lot of younger children
c. Luxurious rooms/newer facilities with possibility of kitchen (stove would be
nice but not necessary, microwave)
d. Ocean front room feasible with this budget?
2. Which restaurants are must visits? We’re going to try and cut costs by eating food bought from the market during lunch, so I would say name me your top 5-6 favorites casual and formal.
3. How many days minimum should we rent a car for? Cheapest and best option of rental companies?
4. What outside excursions are the best to participate in, companies recommended? How much should we look to budget on these if we decide to choose 3? It doesn’t have to be action packed, it can be visiting other parts of Turks and enjoying can’t miss storybook scenery.
5. Has anyone used the local turksandcaicos.tc travel agents to book their entire trip? I have been using my family travel agent for the past couple of years, however I’ve heard that booking with the local company is more cost effective w/ possibilities of extra perks being thrown in.
6. How do the beaches on Turks compare to those at Bora Bora and Fiji? We are saving Bora Bora for something like our 5 year or 10 year wedding anniversary, however we wanted to know how the beach in Provo compares to ones we’ve visited on the Mayan Riviera, Negril, and Maui. It’s hard for me to convince my wife that we will be exceeding our budget by an additional $1500 if the differences are very minimal and she’s not floored. Other destination suggestions are appreciated too as the quality of beach is so important.
Thanks guys for all of your help!! My wife and I sincerely appreciate it =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Birthday Celebration
- 2 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 3 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 DR - All inclusive
- 6 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 7 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 8 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 9 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 10 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 11 Late May Trip
- 12 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 13 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Cheers to Beers!
- 16 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 17 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 18 New Years Eve / St John
- 19 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 20 Island Choice
- 21 Aruba Car Rental
- 22 If we loved Cayman...
- 23 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 24 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 25 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
Hello Fodor's community,