Our college age daughter will be in the Dominican Republic this summer conducting research, so we have decided to go down for vacation at the end of her time there. She has to fly in and out of Santo Domingo, so we will be doing the same. I see that Bayahibe is alot closer to Santo Domingo than Punta Cana is, but it looks like Punta Cana is more popular for vacations. Should we go to Bayahibe or Punta Cana? Any recommendations on a place at either (2 rooms for 4 people with a budget of $4500 or so)? Also, how to get from Santo Domingo to either place? Thanks for any suggestions! I have read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and it seems that every place except the absolute most expensive get some terrible reviews.
Bayahibe or Punta Cana from Santo Domingo Airport
- 1 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 2 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 3 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 4 Bermuda Trip
- 5 quiet and relaxing
- 6 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 7 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 8 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 9 St.Thomas St. John
- 10 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 11 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 12 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 13 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 14 June vacation trip for guys
- 15 Which island to visit???
- 16 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 17 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 18 Honeymoon Help!
- 19 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 20 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 21 Grand Cayman
- 22 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 23 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 24 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 25 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines