I love reading through Fodor's threads when I'm planning a trip, but this time just needed to gather some more intel..
I'm planning a surprise ONE-year anniversary trip for my wife and myself. We Honeymooned on Kauai, and it was spectacular– completely a perfect mix of relaxation/luxury and adventure. I would have gone more remote, but we wouldn't have been able to afford it. We live in the Northeast, where it is cold. very cold. most of the year. Sometime I plan to go more urban with our destinations, but for now we both want our leisure travel to focus on getting away from it all and disconnecting a bit.
All that being said-- I can't seem to narrow down our options in the Caribbean. For the bucks (and the airline points I'll be using to get us there), it's looking like Barbados (new JetBlue destination!), Turks & Caicos, or Grand Cayman will be our best bet. I'd love to take her on bioluminescent kayak trip (Grand Cayman). I have no idea which of these destinations will offer the best beaches. Snorkeling isn't really her thing, but she might enjoy it more if the sights (reefs and fishees) were more impressive. We're obsessive foodies. We love a good hike and a great cocktail. I thought The Crane resort on Barbados would be a really cool place to stay, as it's the first of it's kind in the Caribbean. All-inclusive might be amazing... Must avoid children and obnoxious people.
Anyway, before I go on too long, please lend me your wisdom!
By the way, we're traveling sometime late January to early February most likely.
Thank you travelers!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 3 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 aruba planning advice
- 6 Move to grand cayman
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 9 Malaria Punta Cana
- 10 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 11 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 12 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 13 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 14 New Destination
- 15 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 16 Bahamas help
- 17 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 18 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 19 Vacation suggestion, please
- 20 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 21 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 22 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 23 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 24 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 25 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas