I love reading through Fodor's threads when I'm planning a trip, but this time just needed to gather some more intel..
I'm planning a surprise ONE-year anniversary trip for my wife and myself. We Honeymooned on Kauai, and it was spectacular– completely a perfect mix of relaxation/luxury and adventure. I would have gone more remote, but we wouldn't have been able to afford it. We live in the Northeast, where it is cold. very cold. most of the year. Sometime I plan to go more urban with our destinations, but for now we both want our leisure travel to focus on getting away from it all and disconnecting a bit.
All that being said-- I can't seem to narrow down our options in the Caribbean. For the bucks (and the airline points I'll be using to get us there), it's looking like Barbados (new JetBlue destination!), Turks & Caicos, or Grand Cayman will be our best bet. I'd love to take her on bioluminescent kayak trip (Grand Cayman). I have no idea which of these destinations will offer the best beaches. Snorkeling isn't really her thing, but she might enjoy it more if the sights (reefs and fishees) were more impressive. We're obsessive foodies. We love a good hike and a great cocktail. I thought The Crane resort on Barbados would be a really cool place to stay, as it's the first of it's kind in the Caribbean. All-inclusive might be amazing... Must avoid children and obnoxious people.
Anyway, before I go on too long, please lend me your wisdom!
By the way, we're traveling sometime late January to early February most likely.
Thank you travelers!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Vincent - Boat hire or day tour?
- 2 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 3 Havana
- 4 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 5 Barbados-how about this place?
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 14 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 19 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 20 PR or USVI
- 21 Havana Hotel
- 22 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 23 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 24 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 25 Cayman Islands Currency