I love reading through Fodor's threads when I'm planning a trip, but this time just needed to gather some more intel..
I'm planning a surprise ONE-year anniversary trip for my wife and myself. We Honeymooned on Kauai, and it was spectacular– completely a perfect mix of relaxation/luxury and adventure. I would have gone more remote, but we wouldn't have been able to afford it. We live in the Northeast, where it is cold. very cold. most of the year. Sometime I plan to go more urban with our destinations, but for now we both want our leisure travel to focus on getting away from it all and disconnecting a bit.
All that being said-- I can't seem to narrow down our options in the Caribbean. For the bucks (and the airline points I'll be using to get us there), it's looking like Barbados (new JetBlue destination!), Turks & Caicos, or Grand Cayman will be our best bet. I'd love to take her on bioluminescent kayak trip (Grand Cayman). I have no idea which of these destinations will offer the best beaches. Snorkeling isn't really her thing, but she might enjoy it more if the sights (reefs and fishees) were more impressive. We're obsessive foodies. We love a good hike and a great cocktail. I thought The Crane resort on Barbados would be a really cool place to stay, as it's the first of it's kind in the Caribbean. All-inclusive might be amazing... Must avoid children and obnoxious people.
Anyway, before I go on too long, please lend me your wisdom!
By the way, we're traveling sometime late January to early February most likely.
Thank you travelers!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 2 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 3 Vacation recommendations
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 6 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 7 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 8 BVI trip questions
- 9 Curaçao and girls?
- 10 Small Carribean Hotel
- 11 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 12 Punta Cana Excursions
- 13 customs questions
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 Nassau Bahamas
- 16 Biking in Caribbean
- 17 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 18 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 19 Help with how long on each island.
- 20 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 21 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 22 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 23 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 24 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 25 Where to go January beach bachelorette?