Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 2 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 3 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 4 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 5 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 6 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?