Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 2 Bermuda Hotels
- 3 Sports Bars In Palm Beach Aruba
- 4 Puerto Rico - St. Regis or Royal Isabela
- 5 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 6 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 7 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 8 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 9 The best spots in St. Kitts
- 10 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 11 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 12 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 16 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 17 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 18 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 19 Caribbean with grown kids
- 20 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 21 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 22 Driving in Aurba
- 23 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 24 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 25 Puerto Rico during Holy Week