Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 3 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 4 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 5 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 6 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 7 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 8 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 9 Bahamas snorkeling
- 10 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 11 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 12 Wedding Help!
- 13 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 14 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 15 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 16 Islands with great nightlife
- 17 month stay on a caribbean island
- 18 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 19 Where to stay on Vieques
- 20 Ferry to Rum Point
- 21 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 22 Family with infants/toddlers
- 23 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 24 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Jamaica property buying and selling