Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 5 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 8 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 9 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 10 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 11 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 16 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 17 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 18 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 19 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 20 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 21 Which island?
- 22 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 23 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 24 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 25 Resort hotels on St Croix