Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. John USVI
- 2 Which Island?
- 3 Carribean vacation with infant
- 4 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 5 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 6 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 7 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 8 Cayman Islands in October
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 things to do in Nassau
- 11 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 12 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 13 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 14 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 15 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 16 Best island for early to mid November
- 17 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 18 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 21 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 22 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 23 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas