I've gotten great advice from fodors travel experts before and now here I am again.....
The wife and I are torn between st Martin or barbados.....we can't decide.
We're in our late 30's and want to go for 10 days to a beautiful destination that we can relax and explore and eat great food. We love nice beaches, scenery and nightlife.
We've been to mexico(AI), DR(AI), st. Thomas(rental) loved st Thomas because of the available island hopping and nightlife with beautiful beaches etc,.
What I'm thinking is that we'd get bored on Barbados if going for 10 days(looking at renting in st Lawrence gap, will also be renting a car)
If st Maarten then we'd be looking at renting in maho/mullet(as you can see we want to be able to walk to restaurants if we choose) and a car rental.
Anyone who has been to both and can comment about your likes and dislikes would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that both will have great beaches and food and nightlife but I'd like to know your preferences.
Thank you and looking forward to another snow record breaking winter in Boston this year....NOT!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 2 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 3 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 4 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 7 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 8 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 9 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 Trouble booking hotels!
- 12 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 13 Airport transfer PUJ
- 14 Bahama's outer island
- 15 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 16 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 19 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 20 40 min layover in CLT
- 21 Atlantis 1 day
- 22 Atlantis on a budget
- 23 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 24 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 25 St. Barts