I've gotten great advice from fodors travel experts before and now here I am again.....
The wife and I are torn between st Martin or barbados.....we can't decide.
We're in our late 30's and want to go for 10 days to a beautiful destination that we can relax and explore and eat great food. We love nice beaches, scenery and nightlife.
We've been to mexico(AI), DR(AI), st. Thomas(rental) loved st Thomas because of the available island hopping and nightlife with beautiful beaches etc,.
What I'm thinking is that we'd get bored on Barbados if going for 10 days(looking at renting in st Lawrence gap, will also be renting a car)
If st Maarten then we'd be looking at renting in maho/mullet(as you can see we want to be able to walk to restaurants if we choose) and a car rental.
Anyone who has been to both and can comment about your likes and dislikes would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that both will have great beaches and food and nightlife but I'd like to know your preferences.
Thank you and looking forward to another snow record breaking winter in Boston this year....NOT!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba weather in March
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 Move to grand cayman
- 8 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 9 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 10 Malaria Punta Cana
- 11 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 12 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 13 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 14 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 15 New Destination
- 16 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 17 Bahamas help
- 18 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 19 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 20 Vacation suggestion, please
- 21 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 22 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 25 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?