My family of 4 is planning a vacation in Barbados in June. I am in the early stages of planning and would love some recommendations. We are staying at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort on the South end of the island. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think? Since booking at the hotel, I read about the ocean being pretty rough in that area and was hoping to hear "real" feedback from anyone familiar with the area.
We live in South Florida, so the beach isn't the only/main focus of our trip. We enjoy learning about the culture/people/authentic food/art, etc. of the area. Any recommendations on that would be great. Are there any tours that focus on Barbados culture?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 2 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 3 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 4 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 7 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 8 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 9 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 Trouble booking hotels!
- 12 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 13 Airport transfer PUJ
- 14 Bahama's outer island
- 15 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 16 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 19 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 20 40 min layover in CLT
- 21 Atlantis 1 day
- 22 Atlantis on a budget
- 23 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 24 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 25 St. Barts