My family of 4 is planning a vacation in Barbados in June. I am in the early stages of planning and would love some recommendations. We are staying at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort on the South end of the island. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think? Since booking at the hotel, I read about the ocean being pretty rough in that area and was hoping to hear "real" feedback from anyone familiar with the area.
We live in South Florida, so the beach isn't the only/main focus of our trip. We enjoy learning about the culture/people/authentic food/art, etc. of the area. Any recommendations on that would be great. Are there any tours that focus on Barbados culture?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?