My family of 4 is planning a vacation in Barbados in June. I am in the early stages of planning and would love some recommendations. We are staying at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort on the South end of the island. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think? Since booking at the hotel, I read about the ocean being pretty rough in that area and was hoping to hear "real" feedback from anyone familiar with the area.
We live in South Florida, so the beach isn't the only/main focus of our trip. We enjoy learning about the culture/people/authentic food/art, etc. of the area. Any recommendations on that would be great. Are there any tours that focus on Barbados culture?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jade Mountain
- 2 Turks and caicos
- 3 Turks and caicos
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 8 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 9 Bermuda
- 10 Restaurant Suggestions
- 11 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 14 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 15 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 16 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 17 Taxi info. Self touring
- 18 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 19 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 20 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 21 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 22 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 23 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 24 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 25 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico