We are a young couple heading to Barbados in August for a 10 day holiday. We are having some trouble deciding on where to stay. We want to be somewhere close to a calm beach and if possible close to snorkelling site, we want to do some diving as well but we wouldn't mind travelling to get wherever we'd need to go for that. Our budget for accommodation is around 50-150 USD per night. We are thinking that the west or south coast would probably be ideal. And we would also like to be close to some restaurants and some life, we would however like to remain outside the largest tourist areas if possible. We really don't mind if it's a hotel, apartment, guesthouse or anything else, just as long as it's a nice place to stay in a good location.
Can anybody help us and give us some further ideas?
Thank you in advance
Pétur and Rósa
Barbados in August
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 2 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 3 shore excursions
- 4 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 5 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 6 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 7 Curacao vs Barbados
- 8 Honeymoon Destination
- 9 Bahamas girls trip
- 10 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 11 Safe for Family
- 12 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 13 Restaurants in Aruba
- 14 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 15 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 16 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 17 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 18 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 19 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 22 fish fry on Curacao
- 23 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 24 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 25 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas