My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carry on size Bahamas
- 2 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 3 Vacation Ideas
- 4 St John March, where to stay
- 5 The right adults-only resort
- 6 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 7 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 8 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 9 Cupecoy Beach
- 10 Tips for bahamas
- 11 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 12 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 13 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 14 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 15 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 16 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 17 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 18 walkable hotels
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Back from San Juan
- 21 St Thomas
- 22 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 23 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 24 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 25 Aruba Restaurants