My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healtheverplus.com/maxtropin/
- 2 Basic Skincare Tips That Is Organic
- 3 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 4 St. John Trip Report
- 5 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 6 No rain in June PLEASE
- 7 Cubarinking water?
- 8 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 9 First time to PR
- 10 Catamaran in BVI Bareboat 12 nights
- 11 Family vacation for divers
- 12 Cuba
- 13 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 14 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 15 Island recommendation
- 16 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 17 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 18 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 19 Can I take alcohol?
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 22 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 23 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 24 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 25 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?