My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 2 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 3 car rental in barbados
- 4 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 5 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 6 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 7 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 8 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 9 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 10 Choosing the Right Island
- 11 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 14 Aruba help!
- 15 St Martin
- 16 Planning a three week trip
- 17 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 18 Casa Karma
- 19 Honeymoon - please help!
- 20 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 21 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 22 Cuba
- 23 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 24 Cuba: February 2016
- 25 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report