My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 4 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 5 1st time to Barbados
- 6 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 7 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 8 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 9 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 10 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 11 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 12 GTC
- 13 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 14 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 15 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 16 Cayman Islands travel report
- 17 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 20 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 21 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 22 Bermuda Travel Report
- 23 Cuba Help
- 24 Cuba via cruise
- 25 Aruba villa help desperate!