My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 2 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 3 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 4 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Cayman Islands in October
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 10 Kristen- where are you?????
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 13 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 14 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 15 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 16 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 17 Puerto Rico
- 18 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 19 Cuba People to People Tours
- 20 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 Are you the new future traveler?
- 24 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 25 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?