My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?
These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.
Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
- 1 Ferry to Rum Point
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Islands with great nightlife
- 4 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 5 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 6 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 7 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 8 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 9 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 10 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 11 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 12 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 13 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 14 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 15 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 16 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 17 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 18 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 19 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 20 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 21 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 22 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 23 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 24 Beaches Turks question
- 25 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???