We will be traveling to Barbados for the first time and have narrowed down our choices to Waverly House on Gibbs beach, or Villas on the Beach in Holetown. We will be with our 3 year old and mainly want on the beach accommodations for easy access, and a nice beach that is swimmable
I have a few concerns, I've been told that at the Gibbs villa, traffic can be an issue. With Holetown, it's hard to tell from the pictures of the villas if it is a swimmable beach in front of the complex.. I've had a hard time finding a stand alone villa in Barbados that isn't more than $500/night. In case I've overlooked or missed something, I wanted to reach out to you all.
According to previous postings, I've gathered that either of these are calm waters, but any other info or suggestions would be appreciated.
We like to be in walking distance to shopping, groceries, and restaurants, but not mandatory. As we will be wanting a cook for two meals to enjoy local Bajan cuisine, and give me a break from cooking!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 3 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 4 1st time to Barbados
- 5 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 6 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 7 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 8 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 9 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 10 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 11 GTC
- 12 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 13 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 14 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?