We will be traveling to Barbados for the first time and have narrowed down our choices to Waverly House on Gibbs beach, or Villas on the Beach in Holetown. We will be with our 3 year old and mainly want on the beach accommodations for easy access, and a nice beach that is swimmable
I have a few concerns, I've been told that at the Gibbs villa, traffic can be an issue. With Holetown, it's hard to tell from the pictures of the villas if it is a swimmable beach in front of the complex.. I've had a hard time finding a stand alone villa in Barbados that isn't more than $500/night. In case I've overlooked or missed something, I wanted to reach out to you all.
According to previous postings, I've gathered that either of these are calm waters, but any other info or suggestions would be appreciated.
We like to be in walking distance to shopping, groceries, and restaurants, but not mandatory. As we will be wanting a cook for two meals to enjoy local Bajan cuisine, and give me a break from cooking!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas help
- 2 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 3 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 4 Vacation suggestion, please
- 5 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 6 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 7 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 8 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 9 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 10 New Destination
- 11 aruba planning advice
- 12 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 13 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 14 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 15 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 16 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 17 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 18 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 19 Barbados Beaches
- 20 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 21 Peterson
- 22 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 23 Cuba weather in March
- 24 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 25 Woman, alone, islandhopping