We will be traveling to Barbados for the first time and have narrowed down our choices to Waverly House on Gibbs beach, or Villas on the Beach in Holetown. We will be with our 3 year old and mainly want on the beach accommodations for easy access, and a nice beach that is swimmable
I have a few concerns, I've been told that at the Gibbs villa, traffic can be an issue. With Holetown, it's hard to tell from the pictures of the villas if it is a swimmable beach in front of the complex.. I've had a hard time finding a stand alone villa in Barbados that isn't more than $500/night. In case I've overlooked or missed something, I wanted to reach out to you all.
According to previous postings, I've gathered that either of these are calm waters, but any other info or suggestions would be appreciated.
We like to be in walking distance to shopping, groceries, and restaurants, but not mandatory. As we will be wanting a cook for two meals to enjoy local Bajan cuisine, and give me a break from cooking!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 2 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 Rejuvonus
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Cruise stop activities
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Jade Mountain
- 19 Honeymoon Help!!
- 20 Bermuda
- 21 Restaurant Suggestions
- 22 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?