We will be traveling to Barbados for the first time and have narrowed down our choices to Waverly House on Gibbs beach, or Villas on the Beach in Holetown. We will be with our 3 year old and mainly want on the beach accommodations for easy access, and a nice beach that is swimmable
I have a few concerns, I've been told that at the Gibbs villa, traffic can be an issue. With Holetown, it's hard to tell from the pictures of the villas if it is a swimmable beach in front of the complex.. I've had a hard time finding a stand alone villa in Barbados that isn't more than $500/night. In case I've overlooked or missed something, I wanted to reach out to you all.
According to previous postings, I've gathered that either of these are calm waters, but any other info or suggestions would be appreciated.
We like to be in walking distance to shopping, groceries, and restaurants, but not mandatory. As we will be wanting a cook for two meals to enjoy local Bajan cuisine, and give me a break from cooking!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 2 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 3 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 4 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 5 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 6 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 7 30th anniversary trip
- 8 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 9 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 10 Bermuda in February or March
- 11 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 12 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 13 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 14 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 15 Safest Islands for Us?
- 16 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 17 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 18 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 19 Narrowing it down
- 20 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 21 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 22 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 23 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 24 Destination Wedding
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous