So I am a first time traveler really wanting to visit a tropical place with my boyfriend. I was set on Costa Rica for the longest time and then the Bahamas came into play. I loved the idea of Costa Rica as I love their site vacationcostarica.com because it really takes a large majority of the guess work out of planning my vacation. There is a lot of help involved there, i just pick a package and have someone tailor it for me. With the Bahamas! OMG there is TOO much to choose from so i am hoping i can get some insight.
I am more of an introvert so a lot of my energy is gained from peace and quiet. However, i do love adventure as well. So i'm looking for something that will allow me the adventure yet once i'm drained from that the peace and relaxation i'd need to regroup.
Both my boyfriend and I love nature so we would definitely enjoy hiking and taking in that beautiful scenery. We also love the beach and would like to try some zip lining, snorkeling and some other water adventures possibly tubing or rafting. Take in some historic sights. He likes the night life, not clubbing but more so nice dinners, live music and wine tasting.
We would be going at the end of this year somewhere around November or December. I've done more research on Costa Rica than the Bahamas. I do know that December is more of a wet season for CR. So if anyone has any suggestions on a island in the Bahamas that could fit what we are looking for that would be wonderful. If I've left anything out please feel free to ask.
Oh yes, budget is probably around $3k to $5k for a 7 day stay. I'd also rather not have to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican republic
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary