So I am a first time traveler really wanting to visit a tropical place with my boyfriend. I was set on Costa Rica for the longest time and then the Bahamas came into play. I loved the idea of Costa Rica as I love their site vacationcostarica.com because it really takes a large majority of the guess work out of planning my vacation. There is a lot of help involved there, i just pick a package and have someone tailor it for me. With the Bahamas! OMG there is TOO much to choose from so i am hoping i can get some insight.
I am more of an introvert so a lot of my energy is gained from peace and quiet. However, i do love adventure as well. So i'm looking for something that will allow me the adventure yet once i'm drained from that the peace and relaxation i'd need to regroup.
Both my boyfriend and I love nature so we would definitely enjoy hiking and taking in that beautiful scenery. We also love the beach and would like to try some zip lining, snorkeling and some other water adventures possibly tubing or rafting. Take in some historic sights. He likes the night life, not clubbing but more so nice dinners, live music and wine tasting.
We would be going at the end of this year somewhere around November or December. I've done more research on Costa Rica than the Bahamas. I do know that December is more of a wet season for CR. So if anyone has any suggestions on a island in the Bahamas that could fit what we are looking for that would be wonderful. If I've left anything out please feel free to ask.
Oh yes, budget is probably around $3k to $5k for a 7 day stay. I'd also rather not have to rent a car.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?