Hi All, my family would like to take a vaca over TG break. we are on the east coast so getting to the bahamas is fairly easy. my husband made the mistake of mentioning the atlantis resort to our daughter, and she was thrilled! however, I feel like it would be like disney in the bahamas. maybe I am wrong. i would rather go somewhere where we get a taste of the local culture. we basically are looking for a place that has great snorkeling, fishing, and maybe golf. a place where we can try the local food, and not go broke. our kids are 18 & 21, so they do need some activities. i have heard the snorkeling at atlantis is not that great, and that is an activity we really enjoy. any suggestions other than atlantis? or for those of you who have been to atlantis, would it fit the bill? If we went there I would stay at the comfort suites, not the atlantis resort. thank you!
bahamas over thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?