Hi All, my family would like to take a vaca over TG break. we are on the east coast so getting to the bahamas is fairly easy. my husband made the mistake of mentioning the atlantis resort to our daughter, and she was thrilled! however, I feel like it would be like disney in the bahamas. maybe I am wrong. i would rather go somewhere where we get a taste of the local culture. we basically are looking for a place that has great snorkeling, fishing, and maybe golf. a place where we can try the local food, and not go broke. our kids are 18 & 21, so they do need some activities. i have heard the snorkeling at atlantis is not that great, and that is an activity we really enjoy. any suggestions other than atlantis? or for those of you who have been to atlantis, would it fit the bill? If we went there I would stay at the comfort suites, not the atlantis resort. thank you!
bahamas over thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 2 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 6 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 7 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 8 San Juan Airport
- 9 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 10 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 13 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 14 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 15 Storm ?
- 16 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 17 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 18 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 19 Kristen- where are you?????
- 20 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 21 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 22 The Color of the Water
- 23 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 24 Anguilla stay?
- 25 Punta Cana excursions