Hi All, my family would like to take a vaca over TG break. we are on the east coast so getting to the bahamas is fairly easy. my husband made the mistake of mentioning the atlantis resort to our daughter, and she was thrilled! however, I feel like it would be like disney in the bahamas. maybe I am wrong. i would rather go somewhere where we get a taste of the local culture. we basically are looking for a place that has great snorkeling, fishing, and maybe golf. a place where we can try the local food, and not go broke. our kids are 18 & 21, so they do need some activities. i have heard the snorkeling at atlantis is not that great, and that is an activity we really enjoy. any suggestions other than atlantis? or for those of you who have been to atlantis, would it fit the bill? If we went there I would stay at the comfort suites, not the atlantis resort. thank you!
bahamas over thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 2 Overwhelmed
- 3 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 4 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 5 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 6 Jamaica help!
- 7 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 8 2 weeks in cuba
- 9 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 10 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 11 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 12 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 13 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 14 Jamaica
- 15 Jamaica all inclusive
- 16 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 17 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 18 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 19 Cuba Opening Up
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 21 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 22 Why Barbados?
- 23 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 24 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 25 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)