Hi All, my family would like to take a vaca over TG break. we are on the east coast so getting to the bahamas is fairly easy. my husband made the mistake of mentioning the atlantis resort to our daughter, and she was thrilled! however, I feel like it would be like disney in the bahamas. maybe I am wrong. i would rather go somewhere where we get a taste of the local culture. we basically are looking for a place that has great snorkeling, fishing, and maybe golf. a place where we can try the local food, and not go broke. our kids are 18 & 21, so they do need some activities. i have heard the snorkeling at atlantis is not that great, and that is an activity we really enjoy. any suggestions other than atlantis? or for those of you who have been to atlantis, would it fit the bill? If we went there I would stay at the comfort suites, not the atlantis resort. thank you!
bahamas over thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 4 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 7 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 8 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 9 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 10 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 15 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 16 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 17 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 18 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 19 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 20 Which island?
- 21 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 22 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 23 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 24 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 25 Crime in Providenciales TCI