Hi All, my family would like to take a vaca over TG break. we are on the east coast so getting to the bahamas is fairly easy. my husband made the mistake of mentioning the atlantis resort to our daughter, and she was thrilled! however, I feel like it would be like disney in the bahamas. maybe I am wrong. i would rather go somewhere where we get a taste of the local culture. we basically are looking for a place that has great snorkeling, fishing, and maybe golf. a place where we can try the local food, and not go broke. our kids are 18 & 21, so they do need some activities. i have heard the snorkeling at atlantis is not that great, and that is an activity we really enjoy. any suggestions other than atlantis? or for those of you who have been to atlantis, would it fit the bill? If we went there I would stay at the comfort suites, not the atlantis resort. thank you!
bahamas over thanksgiving
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 2 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 3 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 4 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 5 Islands with great nightlife
- 6 month stay on a caribbean island
- 7 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 8 Where to stay on Vieques
- 9 Ferry to Rum Point
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?