I've used Fodors forums for previous trips and have always found everyone's comments so helpful! I'm hoping that I can get some guidance for an upcoming trip I am planning for my husband and I.
We are in our mid/early thirties, both work like crazy, we have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. We are looking to get away, just the two of us (sorry, kiddo) before life gets even crazier. We have 4 days (Wednesday to Sunday) in early December.
We've neve been to the Bahamas and the more I research the more it looks great. We are coming from Toronto, Ontario, so it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Miami. The problem is, I'm just not sure exactly where to start. There are something like 800 islands and I'm not sure where we would want to go and if it matters all that much.
Here's what we are looking for: relaxing on the beach, not "too touristy", spa, some hiking or cycling around the island, some snorkling (unfortunately I can't go scuba diving this trip), good food, and just a laid back environment. We aren't into dressing up for dinners and prefer to lounge around and enjoy. We also don't care at all about nightlife. Dinner on the beach and then maybe a walk? Perfection. We don't really have a budget, but would prefer to spend $500 per night or less. Obviously don't want to spend more than we have to.
I think somewhere like Atlantis would be too touristy/busy for us. I've been looking at hotels on Abaco (Hope Town Harbour Lounge), The Rock House on Harbour Island, Small Hope Bay Lodge, The Cove on Eleuthera also looks nice.
Help please! I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 2 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 3 Conference in Cuba in February
- 4 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 5 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 6 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 7 Help me to pick an island
- 8 Small boat excursion
- 9 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 10 Overwhelmed....
- 11 Can you tell me where?
- 12 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 13 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 14 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 15 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 16 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 17 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 18 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 19 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 20 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 21 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 22 Help picking an island!!!!
- 23 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 24 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 25 When to go to El Yunque