I've used Fodors forums for previous trips and have always found everyone's comments so helpful! I'm hoping that I can get some guidance for an upcoming trip I am planning for my husband and I.
We are in our mid/early thirties, both work like crazy, we have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. We are looking to get away, just the two of us (sorry, kiddo) before life gets even crazier. We have 4 days (Wednesday to Sunday) in early December.
We've neve been to the Bahamas and the more I research the more it looks great. We are coming from Toronto, Ontario, so it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Miami. The problem is, I'm just not sure exactly where to start. There are something like 800 islands and I'm not sure where we would want to go and if it matters all that much.
Here's what we are looking for: relaxing on the beach, not "too touristy", spa, some hiking or cycling around the island, some snorkling (unfortunately I can't go scuba diving this trip), good food, and just a laid back environment. We aren't into dressing up for dinners and prefer to lounge around and enjoy. We also don't care at all about nightlife. Dinner on the beach and then maybe a walk? Perfection. We don't really have a budget, but would prefer to spend $500 per night or less. Obviously don't want to spend more than we have to.
I think somewhere like Atlantis would be too touristy/busy for us. I've been looking at hotels on Abaco (Hope Town Harbour Lounge), The Rock House on Harbour Island, Small Hope Bay Lodge, The Cove on Eleuthera also looks nice.
Help please! I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks so much!!
Bahamas help - 4 day vacation with Husband to RELAX!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 2 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 5 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 6 Punta Cana?
- 7 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 8 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 9 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 10 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 11 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 12 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 13 Advice needed
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 16 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 17 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 18 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 19 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 20 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 21 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 22 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 23 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 24 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 25 Cayman restaurant ?s