I've used Fodors forums for previous trips and have always found everyone's comments so helpful! I'm hoping that I can get some guidance for an upcoming trip I am planning for my husband and I.
We are in our mid/early thirties, both work like crazy, we have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. We are looking to get away, just the two of us (sorry, kiddo) before life gets even crazier. We have 4 days (Wednesday to Sunday) in early December.
We've neve been to the Bahamas and the more I research the more it looks great. We are coming from Toronto, Ontario, so it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Miami. The problem is, I'm just not sure exactly where to start. There are something like 800 islands and I'm not sure where we would want to go and if it matters all that much.
Here's what we are looking for: relaxing on the beach, not "too touristy", spa, some hiking or cycling around the island, some snorkling (unfortunately I can't go scuba diving this trip), good food, and just a laid back environment. We aren't into dressing up for dinners and prefer to lounge around and enjoy. We also don't care at all about nightlife. Dinner on the beach and then maybe a walk? Perfection. We don't really have a budget, but would prefer to spend $500 per night or less. Obviously don't want to spend more than we have to.
I think somewhere like Atlantis would be too touristy/busy for us. I've been looking at hotels on Abaco (Hope Town Harbour Lounge), The Rock House on Harbour Island, Small Hope Bay Lodge, The Cove on Eleuthera also looks nice.
Help please! I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 2 Early 20's Couple
- 3 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 4 Couple in early 20's
- 5 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 6 Boat Charter in BVI
- 7 Weather in June?
- 8 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 9 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 10 Anniversary Trip Options
- 11 Island with golf
- 12 2 Days in Dominica
- 13 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 14 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 15 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 18 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 19 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 20 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 21 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 22 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 23 Choosing an island
- 24 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 25 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete