I've used Fodors forums for previous trips and have always found everyone's comments so helpful! I'm hoping that I can get some guidance for an upcoming trip I am planning for my husband and I.
We are in our mid/early thirties, both work like crazy, we have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. We are looking to get away, just the two of us (sorry, kiddo) before life gets even crazier. We have 4 days (Wednesday to Sunday) in early December.
We've neve been to the Bahamas and the more I research the more it looks great. We are coming from Toronto, Ontario, so it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Miami. The problem is, I'm just not sure exactly where to start. There are something like 800 islands and I'm not sure where we would want to go and if it matters all that much.
Here's what we are looking for: relaxing on the beach, not "too touristy", spa, some hiking or cycling around the island, some snorkling (unfortunately I can't go scuba diving this trip), good food, and just a laid back environment. We aren't into dressing up for dinners and prefer to lounge around and enjoy. We also don't care at all about nightlife. Dinner on the beach and then maybe a walk? Perfection. We don't really have a budget, but would prefer to spend $500 per night or less. Obviously don't want to spend more than we have to.
I think somewhere like Atlantis would be too touristy/busy for us. I've been looking at hotels on Abaco (Hope Town Harbour Lounge), The Rock House on Harbour Island, Small Hope Bay Lodge, The Cove on Eleuthera also looks nice.
Help please! I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks so much!!
Bahamas help - 4 day vacation with Husband to RELAX!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 2 Summer family vacation
- 3 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 4 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 5 Caribbean with grown kids
- 6 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 7 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 8 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 9 Honeymoon destination?
- 10 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 11 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 12 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 13 Mid October Honeymoon
- 14 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 15 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 16 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 17 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 18 Anguilla Beaches
- 19 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 20 Cuba help!
- 21 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 22 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 23 Rent a car?
- 24 LIAT Air
- 25 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda