I've used Fodors forums for previous trips and have always found everyone's comments so helpful! I'm hoping that I can get some guidance for an upcoming trip I am planning for my husband and I.
We are in our mid/early thirties, both work like crazy, we have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. We are looking to get away, just the two of us (sorry, kiddo) before life gets even crazier. We have 4 days (Wednesday to Sunday) in early December.
We've neve been to the Bahamas and the more I research the more it looks great. We are coming from Toronto, Ontario, so it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Miami. The problem is, I'm just not sure exactly where to start. There are something like 800 islands and I'm not sure where we would want to go and if it matters all that much.
Here's what we are looking for: relaxing on the beach, not "too touristy", spa, some hiking or cycling around the island, some snorkling (unfortunately I can't go scuba diving this trip), good food, and just a laid back environment. We aren't into dressing up for dinners and prefer to lounge around and enjoy. We also don't care at all about nightlife. Dinner on the beach and then maybe a walk? Perfection. We don't really have a budget, but would prefer to spend $500 per night or less. Obviously don't want to spend more than we have to.
I think somewhere like Atlantis would be too touristy/busy for us. I've been looking at hotels on Abaco (Hope Town Harbour Lounge), The Rock House on Harbour Island, Small Hope Bay Lodge, The Cove on Eleuthera also looks nice.
Help please! I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks so much!!
Bahamas help - 4 day vacation with Husband to RELAX!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 2 Anguilla stay?
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 Cayman Islands in October
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 7 Kristen- where are you?????
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 10 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 11 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 12 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 13 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 14 Puerto Rico
- 15 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 16 Cuba People to People Tours
- 17 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 relaxed beaches in january
- 20 Are you the new future traveler?
- 21 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 22 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 23 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?
- 24 St Martin rental car on ferry?
- 25 Caribbean 10 days - where to go?