We just got back from Dominica, and had a great time at: Castaways, Papillote, and Fort Young hotels.
However, AVOID Picard Beach Cottage Resort, which is recommended by Fodor's. The only staff member who was any good was Jeff at the front desk. The rest of the lot were sullen, lazy, and unprofessional. The onsite restaurant, Le Flambeau, is horrid, and should be shuttered or burned to the ground. A terrible value overall, even though our beach front cottage was nice and Jeff provided good service. Everything else was a bad joke. Frankly, this resort deserves to go out of business.
If you're looking for a great beach front hotel, try Castaways!
AVOID PICARD BEACH COTTAGE RESORT
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Ideas
- 2 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?