We just got back from Dominica, and had a great time at: Castaways, Papillote, and Fort Young hotels.
However, AVOID Picard Beach Cottage Resort, which is recommended by Fodor's. The only staff member who was any good was Jeff at the front desk. The rest of the lot were sullen, lazy, and unprofessional. The onsite restaurant, Le Flambeau, is horrid, and should be shuttered or burned to the ground. A terrible value overall, even though our beach front cottage was nice and Jeff provided good service. Everything else was a bad joke. Frankly, this resort deserves to go out of business.
If you're looking for a great beach front hotel, try Castaways!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 2 Honeymoon Help!!
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 5 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 6 All inclusive
- 7 BVI trip questions
- 8 DR vs. Mexico
- 9 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 10 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 11 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 14 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 15 family resort ideas?
- 16 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 17 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 18 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 19 First time to Puerto Rico
- 20 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 21 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 22 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 23 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 24 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 25 Punta Cana