We just got back from Dominica, and had a great time at: Castaways, Papillote, and Fort Young hotels.
However, AVOID Picard Beach Cottage Resort, which is recommended by Fodor's. The only staff member who was any good was Jeff at the front desk. The rest of the lot were sullen, lazy, and unprofessional. The onsite restaurant, Le Flambeau, is horrid, and should be shuttered or burned to the ground. A terrible value overall, even though our beach front cottage was nice and Jeff provided good service. Everything else was a bad joke. Frankly, this resort deserves to go out of business.
If you're looking for a great beach front hotel, try Castaways!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for island choice help
- 2 Best child-friendly resort in the Caribbean?
- 3 Help on choosing where to visit
- 4 Transfers to Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- 5 when to visit barbados
- 6 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 7 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 8 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 9 40th birthday with friends
- 10 which island?
- 11 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 12 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 13 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 14 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 15 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 16 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 17 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 18 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 19 Cuba in November
- 20 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 21 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 22 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 23 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 24 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 25 san salvador bahamas - trip report