We just got back from Dominica, and had a great time at: Castaways, Papillote, and Fort Young hotels.
However, AVOID Picard Beach Cottage Resort, which is recommended by Fodor's. The only staff member who was any good was Jeff at the front desk. The rest of the lot were sullen, lazy, and unprofessional. The onsite restaurant, Le Flambeau, is horrid, and should be shuttered or burned to the ground. A terrible value overall, even though our beach front cottage was nice and Jeff provided good service. Everything else was a bad joke. Frankly, this resort deserves to go out of business.
If you're looking for a great beach front hotel, try Castaways!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 2 HELP Choosing Island
- 3 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 4 Nathan the golf cart man
- 5 How much to expect to spend in the DR
- 6 Dominican Republic virgins.
- 7 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 8 First Vacation!
- 9 Early 20's Couple
- 10 Chartering a boat for a week for vacation
- 11 Help - need advice
- 12 Flights from Cancun to Cuba
- 13 Island with golf
- 14 Safe for Family
- 15 Grand Cayman January
- 16 Bahamas girls trip
- 17 Turks & Caicos
- 18 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 19 Restaurant in Aruba
- 20 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 21 Couple in early 20's
- 22 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Boat Charter in BVI
- 24 Weather in June?
- 25 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?