We just got back from Dominica, and had a great time at: Castaways, Papillote, and Fort Young hotels.
However, AVOID Picard Beach Cottage Resort, which is recommended by Fodor's. The only staff member who was any good was Jeff at the front desk. The rest of the lot were sullen, lazy, and unprofessional. The onsite restaurant, Le Flambeau, is horrid, and should be shuttered or burned to the ground. A terrible value overall, even though our beach front cottage was nice and Jeff provided good service. Everything else was a bad joke. Frankly, this resort deserves to go out of business.
If you're looking for a great beach front hotel, try Castaways!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Swimming Pigs
- 2 Month travel ideas
- 3 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 aruba planning advice
- 9 Move to grand cayman
- 10 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 11 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 12 Malaria Punta Cana
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 15 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 16 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!