I have heard that the FODORs forums really help when it comes to trip planning, I am very compulsive when it comes to trip planning (planning out individual hours for our vacations) however, for our honeymoon I am overwhelmed with places to go. Below are some thoughts for what we are looking for and I am hoping this forum will lead me in a good direction for places to focus on!
1. Our wedding is August 1st, 2015. Our honeymoon will be August 2nd to August 12th, we may cut it a couple days shorter depending on cost and location. But it will 100% be at least 7 days long.
2. We will most likely fly out of Dulles (IAD), however; if Regan (WAS) or Baltimore (BWI) is significantly cheaper we would be willing to change to those airports. Obviously we will need a connection somewhere, most likely.
3. Our trips are always move, move, move! So for our honeymoon we would really like like something in one place that we wouldn't have to leave, so definitely All Inclusive (AI). We would like the resort to have a lot of restaurants and bars to choose from.
4. Our goal would be to stay in one location at one resort for the entire duration. I am interested in many islands, however; the forum would only let me select 5. I would be interested in , Anguilla, Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maaten/St. Martin, St. Vincent, Turks & Caicos, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
5. Up until research last night, we were SET on doing an AI in the Caribbean, however; June to November Hurricanes have me worried. I know over 10 couples who have traveled July and August in the Caribbean without any rain problems, but were they just lucky? Obviously we would get travel insurance, however; I really hope our honeymoon would not have to be cancelled for a storm . Which is why I am asking for thoughts/suggestions.
I have also seen complaints about bugs, humidity and heat. How much worse is the humidity and heat and bugs compared to DC in August? I feel that with the water/beach and going to the Caribbean for the sun and heat is the purpose of going? Also bugs, how bad are they lol?!
6. We would like something with a beach, and relaxation. However, we are not use to that, therefore; would like options such as, hiking, zip lining, scuba diving, spas, skiing/wake boarding, boating, snorkeling, ATV tours (on the beach? don't know if that is even an option anywhere), etc.
7. 100% something with EXTREMELY CLEAR WATER, something where you can see your feet when walking in it! Beautiful views/scenery! And a SAFE area! Finally, we would like something Couples or Adults only, however; if there is something amazing with Family that would be ok. Our first hope would be Couples or Adults though.
8. 100% we do not want to go to Mexico, Middle East, Maldives, U.S. (we have been everywhere and want something different), Africa, Aruba, Russia, Ukraine, Croatia, Turkey, Istanbul, Eastern Europe.
9. So our budget is flexible however, I would like a walkout beachfront room (or something of the same level), AI, Flights Included for hopefully $6K maybe $7K tops. The less expensive the better!
I hope I provided enough information! I look forward to everyone's responses and suggestions. Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 엠카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?