We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Aruba - Manchebo or Radisson?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BUY REAL DATABASE REGISTERED AND FAKE PASSPORT, DL, ID, SSC, DIPLOMATS
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 20 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 21 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 22 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 23 8 TUFF MILES
- 24 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 25 1 week in San Juan