We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice/Recommendations on trip to Puerto Rico with 1 year old
- 2 Grenada
- 3 First trip trip Puerto Rico
- 4 Resorts that offer private homes/villa
- 5 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 6 aruba planning advice
- 7 New Years Eve / St John
- 8 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 9 Looking for island choice help
- 10 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 11 US Cash in Cuba
- 12 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 13 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 14 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 15 Peterson
- 16 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 17 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 18 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 19 So very lost trying to plan..please help
- 20 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 21 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 22 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 23 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 24 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 25 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?