We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Aruba - Manchebo or Radisson?
- 1 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 2 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 3 Ferry to Rum Point
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 8 Family with infants/toddlers
- 9 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 10 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 11 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 12 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 13 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 14 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 17 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 18 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 19 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 20 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 21 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 22 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 23 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 24 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 25 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities