We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Aruba - Manchebo or Radisson?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 2 Chef on Turks and Caicos?
- 3 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 4 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 5 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 9 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 10 Money in Jamaica
- 11 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 12 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 13 Barbado Car rental
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 16 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 17 Death in Paradise
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 50+ where to dance?
- 20 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 dominican republic
- 23 Summer family vacation
- 24 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 25 Puerto Rico Hotels