We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 cialis
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Month travel ideas
- 4 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 5 Cuba weather in March
- 6 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 aruba planning advice
- 9 Move to grand cayman
- 10 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 11 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 12 Malaria Punta Cana
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 15 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 16 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!