We're planning a trip to Aruba in Feb. 2011. It's high season, so the rates are up there, but I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I've done a lot of research but I'm still in a muddle.
We're spending the last two nights at the Hyatt (staying free on Hyatt Gold points...), but the other four nights are up in the air. (There's no way we're paying over $600 a night to stay at the Hyatt the whole time.)
I've narrowed it down to two, based on price, beach and amenities. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa (Manchebo/Eagle Beach) and the Radisson (Palm Beach). It looks like Eagle beach is the largest and least crowded, but we can't afford to stay at Bucuti.... Has anyone here stayed at Manchebo? I've read that some (but not all) of the rooms have been renovated, so that's a gamble. Manchebo has a 5-night minimum stay, so we'd be paying for an extra night we don't need.
The Radisson looks like it has a bigger beach than most of the other resorts in the high-rise area, and they don't have a 5-night minimum. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Radisson on this board, but I'm still wary of spending our whole time in the high-rise area. However, the rooms look a lot nicer than the ones at Manchebo. And the pool looks beautiful (where Manchebo's pool looks like a motel pool from my childhood.)
Has anyone been to Aruba in February? Would it be worth it to stay at Manchebo to avoid the crowds?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 2 Overwhelmed....
- 3 Small boat excursion
- 4 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 5 Can you tell me where?
- 6 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 7 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 8 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 9 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 10 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 11 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 12 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 13 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 16 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 17 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 18 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 19 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 20 Help picking an island!!!!
- 21 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 22 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 23 When to go to El Yunque
- 24 Which beach is quieter? The one at Frangapani or Cuisinart?
- 25 DAY 12 - SUNRISE IN PUNTA CANA, SHOPPING