I just recently returned from a trip at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, though tipping is not required I’m still a happy tipper the staff I encountered worked extremely hard and long hours . In fact most of the money I spent was in tipping. I will be returning soon and I developed an email relationship with some of the staff. I will continue to tip, but I would like to bring them and their children some items from the US. I guess I should be asking them, though I would like for it to be a surprise. I’ve researched how expensive things are we take for granted in the states. Picking up a few items after Christmas sale items to take back is not a problem. Now to my actual question, will the resorts allow the guest to give the staff items? I don’t want to get anyone in trouble or risk them losing their jobs. I still plan to give cash, but I would also like to give a little extra. Just we bring trinkets home from trips I’m sure they like to receive things. Just want to if anyone has done this before?
Are gifts for the all inclusive resort staff exceptable/other monetary?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic