I just recently returned from a trip at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, though tipping is not required I’m still a happy tipper the staff I encountered worked extremely hard and long hours . In fact most of the money I spent was in tipping. I will be returning soon and I developed an email relationship with some of the staff. I will continue to tip, but I would like to bring them and their children some items from the US. I guess I should be asking them, though I would like for it to be a surprise. I’ve researched how expensive things are we take for granted in the states. Picking up a few items after Christmas sale items to take back is not a problem. Now to my actual question, will the resorts allow the guest to give the staff items? I don’t want to get anyone in trouble or risk them losing their jobs. I still plan to give cash, but I would also like to give a little extra. Just we bring trinkets home from trips I’m sure they like to receive things. Just want to if anyone has done this before?
Are gifts for the all inclusive resort staff exceptable/other monetary?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?