I just recently returned from a trip at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, though tipping is not required I’m still a happy tipper the staff I encountered worked extremely hard and long hours . In fact most of the money I spent was in tipping. I will be returning soon and I developed an email relationship with some of the staff. I will continue to tip, but I would like to bring them and their children some items from the US. I guess I should be asking them, though I would like for it to be a surprise. I’ve researched how expensive things are we take for granted in the states. Picking up a few items after Christmas sale items to take back is not a problem. Now to my actual question, will the resorts allow the guest to give the staff items? I don’t want to get anyone in trouble or risk them losing their jobs. I still plan to give cash, but I would also like to give a little extra. Just we bring trinkets home from trips I’m sure they like to receive things. Just want to if anyone has done this before?
Are gifts for the all inclusive resort staff exceptable/other monetary?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamica: AI or Not?
- 2 Dominican Republic
- 3 Early January vs Mid February?
- 4 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 5 celebrating 40
- 6 Sudden trip! Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 Small resorts like Galley Bay in Caribbean
- 9 Jamaica vs The DR
- 10 Atlantis - what needs to be booked in advance?
- 11 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 12 Where to go in February/March
- 13 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 14 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 15 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 18 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 19 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 20 Which island?
- 21 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 22 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 25 St. Croix and sea grass