Going to Holguin in March, and have heard several new things, wonder if anyone can confirm/deny these?
1) Do not take walkie talkies to Cuba as they will be confiscated at the airport. True or False? We always travel with a set of those small radios to keep tabs on our kids in the resort. If they will take these from us, we'll leave them at home.
2) I have heard the new Cuban departure tax has been raised to $25 US cash, true or false? My TA had not heard this so does not know.
3) New checked luggage rules that suitcases must not exceed 62 linear inches. Is this being enforced, especially by charter airlines? Does this include the wheels/handles?
Any other info is greatly appreicated, thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 2 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
Anyone Know of New Regulations - checked luggage size, increase in departure tax and no walkie talkies?