Going to Holguin in March, and have heard several new things, wonder if anyone can confirm/deny these?
1) Do not take walkie talkies to Cuba as they will be confiscated at the airport. True or False? We always travel with a set of those small radios to keep tabs on our kids in the resort. If they will take these from us, we'll leave them at home.
2) I have heard the new Cuban departure tax has been raised to $25 US cash, true or false? My TA had not heard this so does not know.
3) New checked luggage rules that suitcases must not exceed 62 linear inches. Is this being enforced, especially by charter airlines? Does this include the wheels/handles?
Any other info is greatly appreicated, thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 2 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 3 40th birthday with friends
- 4 which island?
- 5 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 6 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 7 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 8 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 9 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 10 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 11 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 12 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 13 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 14 Cuba in November
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 17 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 18 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 19 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 20 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 22 Tennis in Aruba question
- 23 christmas in the caribbean
- 24 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 25 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
Anyone Know of New Regulations - checked luggage size, increase in departure tax and no walkie talkies?