We have driven in many countries, on many types of roads, in many types of weather, big and small cities and towns and on both sides of the road. We were originally thinking of renting a car to drive from the airport in Santo Domingo to our resort near Bayahibe (near La Romana in the SE part of the Dom. Rep.). However, we will probably wind up using a group shuttle service just to make sure we don't waste time getting lost or anything as it will be very late in the afternoon when we even land. Wondering about renting a car in the area around Bayahibe and La Romana. Anyone out there who rented a car and drove in the S.E. section of the island? Would you compare driving there to driving in Jamaica, Brazil, or Mexico? I would specifically like to hear from someone who has tried driving here and hearing about their experience and/or any helpful tips. Thanks for any replies.
Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. John USVI
- 2 Which Island?
- 3 Carribean vacation with infant
- 4 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 5 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 6 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 7 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 8 Cayman Islands in October
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 things to do in Nassau
- 11 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 12 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 13 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 14 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 15 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 16 Best island for early to mid November
- 17 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 18 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 21 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 22 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 23 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas