We have driven in many countries, on many types of roads, in many types of weather, big and small cities and towns and on both sides of the road. We were originally thinking of renting a car to drive from the airport in Santo Domingo to our resort near Bayahibe (near La Romana in the SE part of the Dom. Rep.). However, we will probably wind up using a group shuttle service just to make sure we don't waste time getting lost or anything as it will be very late in the afternoon when we even land. Wondering about renting a car in the area around Bayahibe and La Romana. Anyone out there who rented a car and drove in the S.E. section of the island? Would you compare driving there to driving in Jamaica, Brazil, or Mexico? I would specifically like to hear from someone who has tried driving here and hearing about their experience and/or any helpful tips. Thanks for any replies.
Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua or St Martin
- 2 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 3 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 6 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 7 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 8 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 9 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 12 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 13 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 14 Get info about weather.
- 15 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 18 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 19 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 20 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 21 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 22 LIAT Air
- 23 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 24 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 25 Need help again!!