We have driven in many countries, on many types of roads, in many types of weather, big and small cities and towns and on both sides of the road. We were originally thinking of renting a car to drive from the airport in Santo Domingo to our resort near Bayahibe (near La Romana in the SE part of the Dom. Rep.). However, we will probably wind up using a group shuttle service just to make sure we don't waste time getting lost or anything as it will be very late in the afternoon when we even land. Wondering about renting a car in the area around Bayahibe and La Romana. Anyone out there who rented a car and drove in the S.E. section of the island? Would you compare driving there to driving in Jamaica, Brazil, or Mexico? I would specifically like to hear from someone who has tried driving here and hearing about their experience and/or any helpful tips. Thanks for any replies.
Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES