We have driven in many countries, on many types of roads, in many types of weather, big and small cities and towns and on both sides of the road. We were originally thinking of renting a car to drive from the airport in Santo Domingo to our resort near Bayahibe (near La Romana in the SE part of the Dom. Rep.). However, we will probably wind up using a group shuttle service just to make sure we don't waste time getting lost or anything as it will be very late in the afternoon when we even land. Wondering about renting a car in the area around Bayahibe and La Romana. Anyone out there who rented a car and drove in the S.E. section of the island? Would you compare driving there to driving in Jamaica, Brazil, or Mexico? I would specifically like to hear from someone who has tried driving here and hearing about their experience and/or any helpful tips. Thanks for any replies.
Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 2 2 weeks in cuba
- 3 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 4 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 5 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 6 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Jamaica all inclusive
- 10 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 13 Cuba Opening Up
- 14 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 15 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 18 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 21 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 22 Just back from The Somerset
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 25 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers