I have been endlessly reading through posts on this forum to find a honeymoon destination that has everything my fiance and i are looking for. We will be traveling in June. We have narrowed down our results to Antigua or Paradise Island, Bahamas. This is more of an "experience-oriented" post rather than one that considers budget since we have worked in the costs of going to either of these places and will not be using cost as a basis for deciding between the two.
I am asking if any of you who are much much well traveled than we are if you believe one of these places meets our needs more than the other.
-BOTH off the beach snorkeling and snorkeling by excursion (doesn't have to be the BEST of the Caribbean but lots of fish to see)
-fine dining options outside of resorts (or ones in other resorts accessible to people not staying there). since most of the places we are looking at are AIs, we will obviously take advantage of that, but want variety as well
-beautiful, swim-able beaches
-some shopping (not extensive, just some local places)
some areas of interest besides the beach (forests, ziplining, historical places of interest, etc)
I am leaning towards Antigua because i think it has a little of all of that, but he would like to explore the option of Atlantis for the same reason (and he loves that it has an aquarium as well), however i cant find any comparisons between the two.
Thanks for all your input in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Creators of this item guarantees every single clien
- 2 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/max-gain-xtreme-and-max-test-xtreme/
- 3 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 4 Cottage on the beach
- 5 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 6 Island Hopping
- 7 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 8 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 9 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 10 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 11 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 12 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 15 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 16 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 17 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 18 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 21 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 22 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 23 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 24 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 25 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens