I have been endlessly reading through posts on this forum to find a honeymoon destination that has everything my fiance and i are looking for. We will be traveling in June. We have narrowed down our results to Antigua or Paradise Island, Bahamas. This is more of an "experience-oriented" post rather than one that considers budget since we have worked in the costs of going to either of these places and will not be using cost as a basis for deciding between the two.
I am asking if any of you who are much much well traveled than we are if you believe one of these places meets our needs more than the other.
-BOTH off the beach snorkeling and snorkeling by excursion (doesn't have to be the BEST of the Caribbean but lots of fish to see)
-fine dining options outside of resorts (or ones in other resorts accessible to people not staying there). since most of the places we are looking at are AIs, we will obviously take advantage of that, but want variety as well
-beautiful, swim-able beaches
-some shopping (not extensive, just some local places)
some areas of interest besides the beach (forests, ziplining, historical places of interest, etc)
I am leaning towards Antigua because i think it has a little of all of that, but he would like to explore the option of Atlantis for the same reason (and he loves that it has an aquarium as well), however i cant find any comparisons between the two.
Thanks for all your input in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DR - All inclusive
- 2 http://healthflyup.com/raw-nitro/
- 3 Birthday Celebration
- 4 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 5 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 8 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 9 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 10 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 11 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 12 Late May Trip
- 13 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 14 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Cheers to Beers!
- 17 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 18 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 19 New Years Eve / St John
- 20 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 21 Island Choice
- 22 Aruba Car Rental
- 23 If we loved Cayman...
- 24 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 25 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers