I have been endlessly reading through posts on this forum to find a honeymoon destination that has everything my fiance and i are looking for. We will be traveling in June. We have narrowed down our results to Antigua or Paradise Island, Bahamas. This is more of an "experience-oriented" post rather than one that considers budget since we have worked in the costs of going to either of these places and will not be using cost as a basis for deciding between the two.
I am asking if any of you who are much much well traveled than we are if you believe one of these places meets our needs more than the other.
-BOTH off the beach snorkeling and snorkeling by excursion (doesn't have to be the BEST of the Caribbean but lots of fish to see)
-fine dining options outside of resorts (or ones in other resorts accessible to people not staying there). since most of the places we are looking at are AIs, we will obviously take advantage of that, but want variety as well
-beautiful, swim-able beaches
-some shopping (not extensive, just some local places)
some areas of interest besides the beach (forests, ziplining, historical places of interest, etc)
I am leaning towards Antigua because i think it has a little of all of that, but he would like to explore the option of Atlantis for the same reason (and he loves that it has an aquarium as well), however i cant find any comparisons between the two.
Thanks for all your input in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 3 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 4 Cuba for 6 days
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 9 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 when to visit barbados
- 13 Barbados Beaches
- 14 Punta Cana
- 15 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 16 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 17 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 18 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 19 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 20 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 21 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Trouble booking hotels!
- 24 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 25 Airport transfer PUJ