I have been endlessly reading through posts on this forum to find a honeymoon destination that has everything my fiance and i are looking for. We will be traveling in June. We have narrowed down our results to Antigua or Paradise Island, Bahamas. This is more of an "experience-oriented" post rather than one that considers budget since we have worked in the costs of going to either of these places and will not be using cost as a basis for deciding between the two.
I am asking if any of you who are much much well traveled than we are if you believe one of these places meets our needs more than the other.
-BOTH off the beach snorkeling and snorkeling by excursion (doesn't have to be the BEST of the Caribbean but lots of fish to see)
-fine dining options outside of resorts (or ones in other resorts accessible to people not staying there). since most of the places we are looking at are AIs, we will obviously take advantage of that, but want variety as well
-beautiful, swim-able beaches
-some shopping (not extensive, just some local places)
some areas of interest besides the beach (forests, ziplining, historical places of interest, etc)
I am leaning towards Antigua because i think it has a little of all of that, but he would like to explore the option of Atlantis for the same reason (and he loves that it has an aquarium as well), however i cant find any comparisons between the two.
Thanks for all your input in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/beaute-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 3 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 4 St. Croix
- 5 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 9 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 12 Island Hopping
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Havana restaurants
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 20 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 21 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 22 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 23 Getting away in June
- 24 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 25 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!