My husband and I are finally getting away for 5 nights. Parents of teens and very busy. We want a nice, relaxing place. Does not have to be all-inclusive, but from what I see, it seems the AI option may be worth it. We don’t need super high-end. We are vegetarian and not big drinkers. The 3 places I was looking at were Jolly Beach Resort (great price and I see the beach area looks perfect), the Grand Pineapple, and Siboney Beach (not All-Inclusive). I have looked on previous posts but still cannot decide. I see mixed reviews. We have been to Iberostar and Dream properties and see people posting negative and positive. We are just so happy to be relaxing, we don’t really pay attention to all the minor complaints I see on the reviews.
I also want to take at least one excursion around the island. I say this b/c it seems Jolly Beach seems better for this.
Thanks for all your help. Oh the trip is in Feb.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 4 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 5 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 6 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 7 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 8 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 40 min layover in CLT
- 11 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 12 Atlantis 1 day
- 13 Atlantis on a budget
- 14 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 15 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 16 St. Barts
- 17 Buses in Aruba
- 18 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 19 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 20 Stingray City Tour
- 21 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 22 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 23 Bahama's outer island
- 24 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 25 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere