My husband and I are finally getting away for 5 nights. Parents of teens and very busy. We want a nice, relaxing place. Does not have to be all-inclusive, but from what I see, it seems the AI option may be worth it. We don’t need super high-end. We are vegetarian and not big drinkers. The 3 places I was looking at were Jolly Beach Resort (great price and I see the beach area looks perfect), the Grand Pineapple, and Siboney Beach (not All-Inclusive). I have looked on previous posts but still cannot decide. I see mixed reviews. We have been to Iberostar and Dream properties and see people posting negative and positive. We are just so happy to be relaxing, we don’t really pay attention to all the minor complaints I see on the reviews.
I also want to take at least one excursion around the island. I say this b/c it seems Jolly Beach seems better for this.
Thanks for all your help. Oh the trip is in Feb.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 2 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 3 St. Croix
- 4 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 5 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 8 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 9 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 10 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 11 Island Hopping
- 12 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 13 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 14 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Havana restaurants
- 17 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 18 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 19 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 20 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 21 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 22 Getting away in June
- 23 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 24 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 25 A Week In Cuba
Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere