My husband and I are finally getting away for 5 nights. Parents of teens and very busy. We want a nice, relaxing place. Does not have to be all-inclusive, but from what I see, it seems the AI option may be worth it. We don’t need super high-end. We are vegetarian and not big drinkers. The 3 places I was looking at were Jolly Beach Resort (great price and I see the beach area looks perfect), the Grand Pineapple, and Siboney Beach (not All-Inclusive). I have looked on previous posts but still cannot decide. I see mixed reviews. We have been to Iberostar and Dream properties and see people posting negative and positive. We are just so happy to be relaxing, we don’t really pay attention to all the minor complaints I see on the reviews.
I also want to take at least one excursion around the island. I say this b/c it seems Jolly Beach seems better for this.
Thanks for all your help. Oh the trip is in Feb.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 getting around in dominican republic
- 2 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 3 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 4 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 5 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 6 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 7 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 10 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 11 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 14 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 15 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 16 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 17 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 18 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 19 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 20 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 21 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 22 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 23 all inclusive advice
- 24 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 25 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere