I am planning a rather last-minute honeymoon to Anguilla for 5 nights and Saba for 2 nights (leaving in a few weeks... end of June/early July 2011), and can't decide where to stay - there seem to be so many great choices.
We want to be ON the beach, and experience local culture, foods, etc. and not interested in an isolated resort stay. We are early 30's; by day want to just relax on the beach, snorkel a little, have some cocktails. At night we'll like to have good local foods, a few more cocktails at a local beachside bar, and listen to some local musicians...
I've read many threads and while Cap Jaluca seems to be a favorite, it is out of budget.
Viceroy is running a great special now, but from what I hear it is not ON the beach.
Frangiapani is a tad out of budget, but I hear it is great...
Therefore I am in between CuisinArt and Ku. Cuisinart is running a great special now with junior beachfront suites at $327/night. The reason we are considering Ku is more about location... we hear Shoal's East is gorgeous, relaxing, beach bar scene - maybe more our style. Of course Ku is much cheaper - they are also running a great special. I have seen Ku described on these forums as "loud" and "busy" - but is that REAL loud & busy, or Anguilla loud & busy - just BUSIER than beaches on the west side? I feel like I am leaning towards Ku due to location and matching our style, but I wonder if we will be "compromising" since this is our honeymoon afterall...
The other element is that we really don't want to stay at a place with a lot of kids, and I'm having trouble finding info on which places are the LEAST kid-friendly.
Any suggestions on car rentals?
This will be our more active part of the trip - we plan on hiking and diving. We were considering the Queen's Garden but I hear The Bottom is a little further away from restaurants, etc. and I'm wondering if we should stay Windwardside instead, and what is the best place for honeymooners in that location?
Anguilla/Saba honeymoon - where to stay - last minute help needed!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 2 Cuba in 10 days
- 3 Salt Kettle House to close
- 4 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 5 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 6 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 7 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 8 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 9 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 10 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 11 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 12 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 13 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 14 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 15 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Cayman Islands in October
- 18 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 22 all-inclusive or villa?
- 23 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 24 San Juan Hotel
- 25 Help me narrow it down, please!