I am planning a rather last-minute honeymoon to Anguilla for 5 nights and Saba for 2 nights (leaving in a few weeks... end of June/early July 2011), and can't decide where to stay - there seem to be so many great choices.
We want to be ON the beach, and experience local culture, foods, etc. and not interested in an isolated resort stay. We are early 30's; by day want to just relax on the beach, snorkel a little, have some cocktails. At night we'll like to have good local foods, a few more cocktails at a local beachside bar, and listen to some local musicians...
I've read many threads and while Cap Jaluca seems to be a favorite, it is out of budget.
Viceroy is running a great special now, but from what I hear it is not ON the beach.
Frangiapani is a tad out of budget, but I hear it is great...
Therefore I am in between CuisinArt and Ku. Cuisinart is running a great special now with junior beachfront suites at $327/night. The reason we are considering Ku is more about location... we hear Shoal's East is gorgeous, relaxing, beach bar scene - maybe more our style. Of course Ku is much cheaper - they are also running a great special. I have seen Ku described on these forums as "loud" and "busy" - but is that REAL loud & busy, or Anguilla loud & busy - just BUSIER than beaches on the west side? I feel like I am leaning towards Ku due to location and matching our style, but I wonder if we will be "compromising" since this is our honeymoon afterall...
The other element is that we really don't want to stay at a place with a lot of kids, and I'm having trouble finding info on which places are the LEAST kid-friendly.
Any suggestions on car rentals?
This will be our more active part of the trip - we plan on hiking and diving. We were considering the Queen's Garden but I hear The Bottom is a little further away from restaurants, etc. and I'm wondering if we should stay Windwardside instead, and what is the best place for honeymooners in that location?
Anguilla/Saba honeymoon - where to stay - last minute help needed!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 4 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 5 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 6 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 7 Barbados question where to stay
- 8 Barbados Ferry Service
- 9 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 10 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 11 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 12 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 13 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 16 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 17 Driving in Aurba
- 18 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 21 Restaurant in Aruba
- 22 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 23 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 24 Providenciales Airport
- 25 2 weeks in Cuba