My mom and I are planning a Caribbean getaway this May and we're trying to decide where we want to go. We've traveled all over the Caribbean to MANY different islands, but there are a couple of places we have not been...including Anguila and Grenada. We are thinking seriously about going to Anguilla but we would appreciate some much needed knowledge from anyone who has ever been there.
Basically we're looking for a very modest place ($90-$200 a night), but that is comfortable and VERY close to the beach as well. We wouldn't mind a place with AC units. Having a nice beach is VERY important to us. Also, we like to be able to sit down and have lunch and to have a nice dinner a few days a week somwhere that is in very close proximity to where we are staying. We like to enjoy ourselves at night as well...have a cocktail, listen to music, etc.
Does anyone have ANY recommendations on where to stay in Anguilla that would fit this description?
I'm 23 years old and basically my mom and I just want to get a away for a week or so and have a very relaxing trip where we are NOT croweded by tons of tourists...but at the same time, where we can find the nightlife if we so choose.
Any other general info. on Anguilla would help a lot too!
What about Grenada?
We would GREATLY appreciate any advice!
ANGUILLA for MOM and DAUGHTER??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 2 St. Croix and sea grass
- 3 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 4 Antigua or St Martin
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 7 montego bay
- 8 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 9 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 10 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 11 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 12 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 13 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 14 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 15 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 16 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 17 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 18 Get info about weather.
- 19 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 22 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 23 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 24 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 25 June Honeymoon Help, Please