My mom and I are planning a Caribbean getaway this May and we're trying to decide where we want to go. We've traveled all over the Caribbean to MANY different islands, but there are a couple of places we have not been...including Anguila and Grenada. We are thinking seriously about going to Anguilla but we would appreciate some much needed knowledge from anyone who has ever been there.
Basically we're looking for a very modest place ($90-$200 a night), but that is comfortable and VERY close to the beach as well. We wouldn't mind a place with AC units. Having a nice beach is VERY important to us. Also, we like to be able to sit down and have lunch and to have a nice dinner a few days a week somwhere that is in very close proximity to where we are staying. We like to enjoy ourselves at night as well...have a cocktail, listen to music, etc.
Does anyone have ANY recommendations on where to stay in Anguilla that would fit this description?
I'm 23 years old and basically my mom and I just want to get a away for a week or so and have a very relaxing trip where we are NOT croweded by tons of tourists...but at the same time, where we can find the nightlife if we so choose.
Any other general info. on Anguilla would help a lot too!
What about Grenada?
We would GREATLY appreciate any advice!
ANGUILLA for MOM and DAUGHTER??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Overwhelmed
- 2 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 3 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 4 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 5 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 6 Jamaica help!
- 7 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 8 2 weeks in cuba
- 9 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 10 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 11 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 12 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 13 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 14 Jamaica
- 15 Jamaica all inclusive
- 16 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 17 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 18 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 19 Cuba Opening Up
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 21 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 22 Why Barbados?
- 23 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 24 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 25 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)