My mom and I are planning a Caribbean getaway this May and we're trying to decide where we want to go. We've traveled all over the Caribbean to MANY different islands, but there are a couple of places we have not been...including Anguila and Grenada. We are thinking seriously about going to Anguilla but we would appreciate some much needed knowledge from anyone who has ever been there.
Basically we're looking for a very modest place ($90-$200 a night), but that is comfortable and VERY close to the beach as well. We wouldn't mind a place with AC units. Having a nice beach is VERY important to us. Also, we like to be able to sit down and have lunch and to have a nice dinner a few days a week somwhere that is in very close proximity to where we are staying. We like to enjoy ourselves at night as well...have a cocktail, listen to music, etc.
Does anyone have ANY recommendations on where to stay in Anguilla that would fit this description?
I'm 23 years old and basically my mom and I just want to get a away for a week or so and have a very relaxing trip where we are NOT croweded by tons of tourists...but at the same time, where we can find the nightlife if we so choose.
Any other general info. on Anguilla would help a lot too!
What about Grenada?
We would GREATLY appreciate any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Days in Dominica
- 2 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 3 Anniversary Trip Options
- 4 Island with golf
- 5 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 6 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 7 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 8 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 9 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 10 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 11 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 12 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 13 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 14 Choosing an island
- 15 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 16 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 17 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
- 18 cabarete, dominican republic
- 19 First time Santo Domingo
- 20 20th anniversary
- 21 St. Bart's
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 Advice on choosing an island...
- 24 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 25 American Express Card in Bermuda