My mom and I are planning a Caribbean getaway this May and we're trying to decide where we want to go. We've traveled all over the Caribbean to MANY different islands, but there are a couple of places we have not been...including Anguila and Grenada. We are thinking seriously about going to Anguilla but we would appreciate some much needed knowledge from anyone who has ever been there.
Basically we're looking for a very modest place ($90-$200 a night), but that is comfortable and VERY close to the beach as well. We wouldn't mind a place with AC units. Having a nice beach is VERY important to us. Also, we like to be able to sit down and have lunch and to have a nice dinner a few days a week somwhere that is in very close proximity to where we are staying. We like to enjoy ourselves at night as well...have a cocktail, listen to music, etc.
Does anyone have ANY recommendations on where to stay in Anguilla that would fit this description?
I'm 23 years old and basically my mom and I just want to get a away for a week or so and have a very relaxing trip where we are NOT croweded by tons of tourists...but at the same time, where we can find the nightlife if we so choose.
Any other general info. on Anguilla would help a lot too!
What about Grenada?
We would GREATLY appreciate any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 2 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 7 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 8 40 min layover in CLT
- 9 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 10 Atlantis 1 day
- 11 Atlantis on a budget
- 12 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 13 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 14 St. Barts
- 15 Buses in Aruba
- 16 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 17 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 18 Stingray City Tour
- 19 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 20 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 23 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 24 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017
- 25 Using USA credit cards in Cuba