We are traveling to the Caribbean from mid to end of January 2018.
After a lot of research looking for perfect white sand beaches, thanks to Fodor contributors we have booked our travel to Anguilla for a 6 days ( plus a day on either side for travel makes it 8 days).
We have another 9 days in hand to try a different part of the Caribbean and would appreciate some help choosing.
We accept it is an expensive time of year and there may be Christmas winds. We would like somewhere where we may be able to find shelter away from winds with sandy ocean floors (not too much sea grass or rocks).
This is the last week of our holiday so will splurge on a bit of luxury. We would like a destination where there are things to do as well as being on the beach. We are not water sports enthusiasts or hikers but enjoy day trips to islands or interesting places and experiencing some local culture.
Should we spend the time on St Maartens or go for a different experience in Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, or somewhere else you might recommend?
We know that we will need to connect back to Miami before flying on to another island if we don't stay in St Maartens.
We will choose a hotel once we have chosen our destination. Thank you for helping.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 2 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 3 Cuba Help
- 4 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 5 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 6 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 7 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 8 Living in the Caribbean
- 9 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 10 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 11 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 12 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 13 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 14 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 15 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 16 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 17 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 18 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 19 St. Croix
- 20 St Kitts & Irma
- 21 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 22 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 23 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 24 Barbados
- 25 Nassau safety