We are making the fatal mistake of trying to organize a spring break trip with 4 families! Our kids have never been to the Caribbean and although we prefer travel on our own (rent a house), we've decided to go to an all-inclusive. The first all-inclusive I went to was a Spanish resort in the DR (no kids) and it was amazing ... I'm afraid I cannot re-create but loved the atmosphere and size (not huge). We definitely want a place with great service, a nice beach and ability to swim from the beach (snorkle would be great), stuff for kids (ping pong, pool, etc) but they do not have to be entertained 24x7. Personally I would avoid a casino. Great food would be a bonus but probably can't have. Family of 4 will spend $5,000 or thereabouts for 5 nights. Any suggestions? Have looked at a couple of Dreams resorts near Cancun (mixed results), and one in Jamaica. We are all willing to share room. Love to get some ideas ((our original goal was T & C or St Barts but think the prices way out of budget there). Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Summer trip
- 2 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 DR vs. Mexico
- 5 Surf Fly Fishing
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 Family of 5 undecided island
- 8 Christmas 2017
- 9 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 10 Honeymoon Help!!
- 11 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 12 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 13 All inclusive
- 14 BVI trip questions
- 15 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 16 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 17 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 family resort ideas?
- 20 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 21 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 22 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 23 First time to Puerto Rico
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 Social Resort for Solo Female