We are making the fatal mistake of trying to organize a spring break trip with 4 families! Our kids have never been to the Caribbean and although we prefer travel on our own (rent a house), we've decided to go to an all-inclusive. The first all-inclusive I went to was a Spanish resort in the DR (no kids) and it was amazing ... I'm afraid I cannot re-create but loved the atmosphere and size (not huge). We definitely want a place with great service, a nice beach and ability to swim from the beach (snorkle would be great), stuff for kids (ping pong, pool, etc) but they do not have to be entertained 24x7. Personally I would avoid a casino. Great food would be a bonus but probably can't have. Family of 4 will spend $5,000 or thereabouts for 5 nights. Any suggestions? Have looked at a couple of Dreams resorts near Cancun (mixed results), and one in Jamaica. We are all willing to share room. Love to get some ideas ((our original goal was T & C or St Barts but think the prices way out of budget there). Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 Turks and caicos
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 Aruba weather
- 8 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 9 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Cruise stop activities
- 12 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 13 Jade Mountain
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 16 Bermuda
- 17 Restaurant Suggestions
- 18 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 19 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 20 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 21 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 22 Taxi info. Self touring
- 23 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 24 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 25 Half Moon Montego Bay questions