We will be taking our first trip to PR in November with our 1 year old. We have never been to PR before, so would love any advice on what part of the island to stay on, places to visit, hotel recommendations, car rental recommendations.
For our trip we will be renting a car so that we can see things at our own pace (ie plan around 15 month old's meltdowns and naps haha).
For a hotel, we want a pool and a beach that is calm enough for us to swim with our son. I know some areas have very rough water so recommendations on beaches/hotels that would be better for this?
We would like a blend of a few days relaxing at the beach/hotel and a few days exploring. We like to do small hikes and enjoy nature as opposed to busy cities, although we definitely want to spend 1 day exploring old San Juan and El Morros.
Is it worth it to split up the trip and stay in Old San Juan for 1-2 nights and then on the beach for the remainder of the trip? Or if we stay at a beach resort is everything close enough for day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 2 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 3 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 4 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 5 New Destination
- 6 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 Bahamas help
- 9 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 10 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 11 Vacation suggestion, please
- 12 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 13 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 14 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 15 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 16 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 17 aruba planning advice
- 18 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 19 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 20 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 21 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 22 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 23 Barbados Beaches
- 24 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 25 Peterson
Advice/Recommendations on trip to Puerto Rico with 1 year old