We will be taking our first trip to PR in November with our 1 year old. We have never been to PR before, so would love any advice on what part of the island to stay on, places to visit, hotel recommendations, car rental recommendations.
For our trip we will be renting a car so that we can see things at our own pace (ie plan around 15 month old's meltdowns and naps haha).
For a hotel, we want a pool and a beach that is calm enough for us to swim with our son. I know some areas have very rough water so recommendations on beaches/hotels that would be better for this?
We would like a blend of a few days relaxing at the beach/hotel and a few days exploring. We like to do small hikes and enjoy nature as opposed to busy cities, although we definitely want to spend 1 day exploring old San Juan and El Morros.
Is it worth it to split up the trip and stay in Old San Juan for 1-2 nights and then on the beach for the remainder of the trip? Or if we stay at a beach resort is everything close enough for day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 4 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 5 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right
Advice/Recommendations on trip to Puerto Rico with 1 year old