We will be taking our first trip to PR in November with our 1 year old. We have never been to PR before, so would love any advice on what part of the island to stay on, places to visit, hotel recommendations, car rental recommendations.
For our trip we will be renting a car so that we can see things at our own pace (ie plan around 15 month old's meltdowns and naps haha).
For a hotel, we want a pool and a beach that is calm enough for us to swim with our son. I know some areas have very rough water so recommendations on beaches/hotels that would be better for this?
We would like a blend of a few days relaxing at the beach/hotel and a few days exploring. We like to do small hikes and enjoy nature as opposed to busy cities, although we definitely want to spend 1 day exploring old San Juan and El Morros.
Is it worth it to split up the trip and stay in Old San Juan for 1-2 nights and then on the beach for the remainder of the trip? Or if we stay at a beach resort is everything close enough for day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 3 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 4 Cuba for 6 days
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 9 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 when to visit barbados
- 13 Barbados Beaches
- 14 Punta Cana
- 15 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 16 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 17 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 18 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 19 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 20 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 21 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Trouble booking hotels!
- 24 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 25 Airport transfer PUJ
Advice/Recommendations on trip to Puerto Rico with 1 year old