I'm an older law student (mid-30s) looking to get away for Spring break (early March 2011). I'm looking for a relaxing trip -- nightlife is not important at all to me, and restaurants aren't all that important really either. I don't have kids, but I like them, so it doesn't matter to me if I go to a place with lots of kids or not. What I really want is a super snorkeling vacation (I'm not a diver, and really have no desire to start) that won't break the bank and where I can spent my moments (of not snorkeling) sitting in a beach chair reading a book and watching the world go by. I always enjoy doing a little local siteseeing/shopping, so I'd prefer to go somewhere that locals are friendly and helpful but where shopkeepers/street vendors don't harass you to buy their wares. At this point, I'm really leaning towards going with an AI resort, since after stressing out with school, I really don't want to spend my time figuring out where to go to dinner or how to get from point A to point B.
With all of that in mind, I'm really considering Curacao. I've spent the past few days researching Curacao and find I have a few questions. First, for those of you who have been to Curacao, what was your experience like with the locals? Most of the posts I've read seem overwhelmingly positive, but I read one where the individuals' experience was that the locals were unfriendly and pretended not to speak English. Second, have any of you snorkeled Curacao, and if so, where was the best snorkeling? I'm hearing the "west side" - are there any beaches in particular you'd recommend? Just wondering where to start. And finally, have any of you used "allinclusiveoutlet.com" to buy travel packages to AI resorts? In checking them out, they have the best prices by far, and I haven't come across any negative reviews online, but when someone is that much cheaper, it always makes you wonder. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Advice: Snorkeling Curacao
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Island?
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 4 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 5 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 6 Punta Cana?
- 7 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 8 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 9 Advice needed
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 14 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 17 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 18 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 19 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 20 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 21 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 22 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 23 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?