I'm an older law student (mid-30s) looking to get away for Spring break (early March 2011). I'm looking for a relaxing trip -- nightlife is not important at all to me, and restaurants aren't all that important really either. I don't have kids, but I like them, so it doesn't matter to me if I go to a place with lots of kids or not. What I really want is a super snorkeling vacation (I'm not a diver, and really have no desire to start) that won't break the bank and where I can spent my moments (of not snorkeling) sitting in a beach chair reading a book and watching the world go by. I always enjoy doing a little local siteseeing/shopping, so I'd prefer to go somewhere that locals are friendly and helpful but where shopkeepers/street vendors don't harass you to buy their wares. At this point, I'm really leaning towards going with an AI resort, since after stressing out with school, I really don't want to spend my time figuring out where to go to dinner or how to get from point A to point B.
With all of that in mind, I'm really considering Curacao. I've spent the past few days researching Curacao and find I have a few questions. First, for those of you who have been to Curacao, what was your experience like with the locals? Most of the posts I've read seem overwhelmingly positive, but I read one where the individuals' experience was that the locals were unfriendly and pretended not to speak English. Second, have any of you snorkeled Curacao, and if so, where was the best snorkeling? I'm hearing the "west side" - are there any beaches in particular you'd recommend? Just wondering where to start. And finally, have any of you used "allinclusiveoutlet.com" to buy travel packages to AI resorts? In checking them out, they have the best prices by far, and I haven't come across any negative reviews online, but when someone is that much cheaper, it always makes you wonder. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Advice: Snorkeling Curacao
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carribean vacation with infant
- 2 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 3 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 4 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 5 Cayman Islands in October
- 6 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 7 things to do in Nassau
- 8 Which Island?
- 9 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 10 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 11 St. John USVI
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 14 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 15 Best island for early to mid November
- 16 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 17 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 20 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 21 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 22 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 23 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 24 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 25 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?