I'm an older law student (mid-30s) looking to get away for Spring break (early March 2011). I'm looking for a relaxing trip -- nightlife is not important at all to me, and restaurants aren't all that important really either. I don't have kids, but I like them, so it doesn't matter to me if I go to a place with lots of kids or not. What I really want is a super snorkeling vacation (I'm not a diver, and really have no desire to start) that won't break the bank and where I can spent my moments (of not snorkeling) sitting in a beach chair reading a book and watching the world go by. I always enjoy doing a little local siteseeing/shopping, so I'd prefer to go somewhere that locals are friendly and helpful but where shopkeepers/street vendors don't harass you to buy their wares. At this point, I'm really leaning towards going with an AI resort, since after stressing out with school, I really don't want to spend my time figuring out where to go to dinner or how to get from point A to point B.
With all of that in mind, I'm really considering Curacao. I've spent the past few days researching Curacao and find I have a few questions. First, for those of you who have been to Curacao, what was your experience like with the locals? Most of the posts I've read seem overwhelmingly positive, but I read one where the individuals' experience was that the locals were unfriendly and pretended not to speak English. Second, have any of you snorkeled Curacao, and if so, where was the best snorkeling? I'm hearing the "west side" - are there any beaches in particular you'd recommend? Just wondering where to start. And finally, have any of you used "allinclusiveoutlet.com" to buy travel packages to AI resorts? In checking them out, they have the best prices by far, and I haven't come across any negative reviews online, but when someone is that much cheaper, it always makes you wonder. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Peterson
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Cruise stop activities
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Jade Mountain
- 19 Honeymoon Help!!
- 20 Bermuda
- 21 Restaurant Suggestions
- 22 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?