I'm looking to travel somewhere in August and would greatly appreciate any advice/recommendations on where to go.
I'm interested in the Caribbean but I'm also aware it's hurricane season during my vacation time.
After a little research, I have come up with a few choices:
I have never been to any of these destinations and would like to know what experiences others have had. Are these ideal places during that time? Should I be looking at other options beyond these ones? Although weather is never predictable, I would like to minimize my chances of a lot of rain as I'm only going for a week.
I've have little travel experience, so any help/opinions on these choices would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Advice on where to travel in August
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP