I'm planning my first trip to Bonaire, and would like to request advice!
I'm a novice snorkeler, have only been to the Caribbean once (Grand Cayman, loved it). I also love Sanibel, Florida for shelling, and go there as often as possible.
In terms of what I look for in a vacation, I like quiet, laid back places. For accomodation, I like condos, ocean front, clean, mid-range pricing, with good amenities (A/C, full kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit or on-site).
I'll be travelling solo. I'm female, 44 years old. Safety is a concern for me, as is ease of getting around. I'm not into night-life, and prefer to keep to myself. I enjoy walking and window-shopping. A typical day might be cooking breakfast in, going for a swim and/or a drive, walking around seeing sites, having lunch out, more swimming, snorkeling and walking in the afternoon, and then bringing something in for dinner, or preparing the meal at the condo.
I need to stay in touch with my work via emails, so wifi access is critical. I not not know how to drive standard transmission.
Having said all that, after researching many islands, Bonaire meets much of my criteria, and I'm considering Bellafonte for accomodations, taking the red-eye out of Newark. Dates: late April or early May.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need info on Treasure Cay Bahamas
- 2 The is a natural dietary supplement which
- 3 http://rippedrxno2blastcanada.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 4 Skin Care For Skin Problems
- 5 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 6 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 7 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 11 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 12 Choosing the Right Island
- 13 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 14 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 15 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 16 Aruba help!
- 17 St Martin
- 18 Planning a three week trip
- 19 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 20 Casa Karma
- 21 Honeymoon - please help!
- 22 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 23 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 24 Cuba
- 25 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people