I'm planning my first trip to Bonaire, and would like to request advice!
I'm a novice snorkeler, have only been to the Caribbean once (Grand Cayman, loved it). I also love Sanibel, Florida for shelling, and go there as often as possible.
In terms of what I look for in a vacation, I like quiet, laid back places. For accomodation, I like condos, ocean front, clean, mid-range pricing, with good amenities (A/C, full kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit or on-site).
I'll be travelling solo. I'm female, 44 years old. Safety is a concern for me, as is ease of getting around. I'm not into night-life, and prefer to keep to myself. I enjoy walking and window-shopping. A typical day might be cooking breakfast in, going for a swim and/or a drive, walking around seeing sites, having lunch out, more swimming, snorkeling and walking in the afternoon, and then bringing something in for dinner, or preparing the meal at the condo.
I need to stay in touch with my work via emails, so wifi access is critical. I not not know how to drive standard transmission.
Having said all that, after researching many islands, Bonaire meets much of my criteria, and I'm considering Bellafonte for accomodations, taking the red-eye out of Newark. Dates: late April or early May.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 2 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/testx-core/
- 3 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 4 BEWARE OF PAUL THERAULT
- 5 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 6 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 7 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 8 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 9 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 12 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 13 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 14 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 15 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 16 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 17 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 18 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 19 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 20 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 21 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation