I'm planning my first trip to Bonaire, and would like to request advice!
I'm a novice snorkeler, have only been to the Caribbean once (Grand Cayman, loved it). I also love Sanibel, Florida for shelling, and go there as often as possible.
In terms of what I look for in a vacation, I like quiet, laid back places. For accomodation, I like condos, ocean front, clean, mid-range pricing, with good amenities (A/C, full kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit or on-site).
I'll be travelling solo. I'm female, 44 years old. Safety is a concern for me, as is ease of getting around. I'm not into night-life, and prefer to keep to myself. I enjoy walking and window-shopping. A typical day might be cooking breakfast in, going for a swim and/or a drive, walking around seeing sites, having lunch out, more swimming, snorkeling and walking in the afternoon, and then bringing something in for dinner, or preparing the meal at the condo.
I need to stay in touch with my work via emails, so wifi access is critical. I not not know how to drive standard transmission.
Having said all that, after researching many islands, Bonaire meets much of my criteria, and I'm considering Bellafonte for accomodations, taking the red-eye out of Newark. Dates: late April or early May.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 3 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 4 Cuba for 6 days
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 9 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 when to visit barbados
- 13 Barbados Beaches
- 14 Punta Cana
- 15 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 16 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 17 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 18 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 19 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 20 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 21 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Trouble booking hotels!
- 24 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 25 Airport transfer PUJ