I'm planning my first trip to Bonaire, and would like to request advice!
I'm a novice snorkeler, have only been to the Caribbean once (Grand Cayman, loved it). I also love Sanibel, Florida for shelling, and go there as often as possible.
In terms of what I look for in a vacation, I like quiet, laid back places. For accomodation, I like condos, ocean front, clean, mid-range pricing, with good amenities (A/C, full kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit or on-site).
I'll be travelling solo. I'm female, 44 years old. Safety is a concern for me, as is ease of getting around. I'm not into night-life, and prefer to keep to myself. I enjoy walking and window-shopping. A typical day might be cooking breakfast in, going for a swim and/or a drive, walking around seeing sites, having lunch out, more swimming, snorkeling and walking in the afternoon, and then bringing something in for dinner, or preparing the meal at the condo.
I need to stay in touch with my work via emails, so wifi access is critical. I not not know how to drive standard transmission.
Having said all that, after researching many islands, Bonaire meets much of my criteria, and I'm considering Bellafonte for accomodations, taking the red-eye out of Newark. Dates: late April or early May.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much...
Advice needed, first trip to Bonaire
- 1 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 2 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 3 Which island to visit???
- 4 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 5 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 6 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 7 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 8 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 9 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 10 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 11 Bermuda Trip
- 12 quiet and relaxing
- 13 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 14 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 15 St.Thomas St. John
- 16 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 17 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 18 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 19 June vacation trip for guys
- 20 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 21 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 22 Honeymoon Help!
- 23 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 24 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 25 Grand Cayman