My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 2 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 3 AI in Punta Cana
- 4 ATLANTIS lately?
- 5 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7