My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 2 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 3 month stay on a caribbean island
- 4 Ferry to Rum Point
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 8 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 9 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 10 Islands with great nightlife
- 11 Family with infants/toddlers
- 12 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 13 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 14 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 15 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 16 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 17 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 20 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 21 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 22 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 23 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 24 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 25 Studying French in the Caribbean