My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 2 Cuba by car
- 3 multiple family beach vacation
- 4 Anguilla Beaches
- 5 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 6 Need a new vacation spot!
- 7 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 8 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 9 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 10 Mid October Honeymoon
- 11 Summer family vacation
- 12 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 13 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!