My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 2 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 3 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 4 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 5 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 6 Caribbean with grown kids
- 7 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 8 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!