My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 2 Florida or caribbean
- 3 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 4 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 5 Money in Jamaica
- 6 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 7 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 8 Barbado Car rental
- 9 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 10 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 11 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 12 Death in Paradise
- 13 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 14 50+ where to dance?
- 15 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 16 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 17 dominican republic
- 18 Summer family vacation
- 19 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 20 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 21 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 22 St Martin
- 23 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 24 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 25 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West