My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St John March, where to stay
- 2 The right adults-only resort
- 3 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 4 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 5 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 6 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 7 Cupecoy Beach
- 8 Tips for bahamas
- 9 Vacation Ideas
- 10 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 11 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 12 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 13 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 14 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 15 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 16 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 17 walkable hotels
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Back from San Juan
- 20 St Thomas
- 21 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 22 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 23 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 24 Aruba Restaurants
- 25 Aruba Restaraunts