My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 2 Too many choices.....
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 5 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 6 Best Island for Me?
- 7 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 8 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 9 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 10 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 11 Cuba with Gate 1
- 12 Anguilla stay?
- 13 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 14 Back from San Juan
- 15 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 16 San Juan Airport
- 17 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 18 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 19 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 20 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 21 Storm ?
- 22 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 23 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 24 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 25 Kristen- where are you?????