My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carribean vacation with infant
- 2 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 3 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 4 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 5 Cayman Islands in October
- 6 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 7 things to do in Nassau
- 8 Which Island?
- 9 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 10 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 11 St. John USVI
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 14 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 15 Best island for early to mid November
- 16 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 17 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 20 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 21 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 22 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 23 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 24 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 25 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?