My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 2 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 3 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 4 Salt Kettle House to close
- 5 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 6 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 7 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 8 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 9 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 10 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 11 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 12 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 13 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 14 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 15 Why Barbados?
- 16 Cayman Islands in October
- 17 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 20 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 21 all-inclusive or villa?
- 22 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 23 San Juan Hotel
- 24 Help me narrow it down, please!
- 25 Introductory Island for a West Coast Girl?