My family of four, which includes two teenagers, is planning a last-minute trip to the Caribbean - hopefully leaving in the next week or so! Since we don't have passports, I assume our choices are limited to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. We like outdoors recreation (snorkeling, biking, hiking, boating), cultural experiences and just plain relaxing. We're not looking for shopping or night life. Which place do you recommend for this kind of family getaway? In the past we've had good luck renting condo units (usually through VRBO) so we get 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Would this work for either Puerto Rico or USVI? Areas you'd recommend us to stay in, or stay away from? Someone just told me he thought there was now a problem getting into even these destinations without a passport. Is that true? Thanks for your help!
Advice for last-minute family Caribbean trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 3 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 4 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 5 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?