I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 생중계카지노【【™【 ｗｗｗ.ＫＯＯ２８.ＣＯＭ 】个】】생중계카지노
- 2 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 3 Babymoon Beach Vacation
- 4 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 5 turks caicos
- 6 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 7 Curacao
- 8 Puerto Rico since the "meltdown"
- 9 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 10 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 11 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 12 Groupon Tours
- 13 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 14 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 15 Location
- 16 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 17 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 18 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 19 Private tours in Cuba
- 20 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 24 Cuba Tour Companies
- 25 Reduit Beach is being ruined