I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The Way To Remove Acne On Oily Skin - Guaranteed!
- 2 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 3 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 4 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 5 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 6 Birthday Celebration
- 7 DR - All inclusive
- 8 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 9 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 10 Cuba in November
- 11 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 12 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 13 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 14 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 15 Late May Trip
- 16 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 17 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Cheers to Beers!
- 20 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 21 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 22 New Years Eve / St John
- 23 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 24 Island Choice
- 25 Aruba Car Rental