I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Advice for a trip to the Carribean in mid-March
- 1 Wedding Help!
- 2 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 3 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?