I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 2 http://www.nutritionofhealth.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 3 http://klereumcol.com/forever-bust/
- 4 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 5 http://brainammofacts.com/staminon/
- 6 Max Gain Xtreme Athletic introduces a large portion
- 7 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/neurocet-reviews
- 8 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 9 Cottage on the beach
- 10 Island Hopping
- 11 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 12 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 13 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 14 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 15 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 16 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 19 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 20 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 21 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 22 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 23 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 24 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 25 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014