I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Advice for a trip to the Carribean in mid-March
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 2 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 3 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 4 Anguilla stay?
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Cayman Islands in October
- 7 Back from San Juan
- 8 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 9 Kristen- where are you?????
- 10 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 11 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 12 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 13 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 14 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 15 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 16 Puerto Rico
- 17 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 18 Cuba People to People Tours
- 19 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 relaxed beaches in january
- 22 Are you the new future traveler?
- 23 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 24 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 25 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?