I realise this question probably gets asked a lot, but I’m looking for some advice on where to go in the Carribean with my girlfriend in mid-March. I’ve provided some details below to help narrow the search.
(1) We’re both around 30.
(2) We’re from Australia, but will be coming from Orlando.
(3) We’re willing to travel up to 5hrs to get to our destination, although the closer the better given that our whole trip is less than 2 weeks.
(4) We would prefer an adults only resort, but that isn’t a deal breaker.
(5) Our budget for flights is about $600 each return, for accommodation up to $300 for the room per night, say $100 each for food. If the hotel is all inclusive, we could increase the room cost to $400 per night.
(6) We want to go there for 4 or 5 nights.
(7) We’re looking for a luxurious hotel, if possible. We want to spend the time sitting by the pool (preferably with a pool bar), relaxing, and eating nice food.
(8) In terms of feel and character, we would prefer somewhere with an interesting character, nice architecture, shops and restaurants. That aim is probably inconsistent with the big resort requirement though, so it could be sacrificed.
(9) It’s our first time to the Carribean, although I’ve been to Cartagena and Miami before. I loved both of them.
(10) Places on the shortlist so far are: DR (all inclusive resorts would be a plus, but the island seems to have less character), Puerto Rico (easy to get to from Orlando) and Anguilla (harder to get to, resorts may not be as nice).
If anyone has any ideas, including for specific resorts to look at, I would be really grateful.
By the way, I've also posted this to tripadvisor, but so far no luck..
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 2 Saint John retirement
- 3 just be careful
- 4 20th anniversary
- 5 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 6 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 7 Christmas destination
- 8 shore excursions
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 11 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 12 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 14 Cuba by car
- 15 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 16 The great advantages including with the use
- 17 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 18 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 19 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 20 Safe for Family
- 21 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 22 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 23 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 24 Honeymoon Destination
- 25 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos