I'm trying to plan a vacation for March that involves beach and lots of other adventurous activities. I read somewhere that the more southern islands have warmer water this time of year, so I was shooting for those. I realize its a little last minute, so I've narrowed it down to places I can get to directly from CLT, which include Belize, St Kitts/Nevis, St John, St Lucia Turks, and St Thomas.
Last year summer we went to Nicaragua for a week, did the Big and Little corn islands, and then went to Leon. We hiked, walked, snorkeled, rode motorcycles through the jungle, laid on the beach, volcano hiked at night, and did the volcano boarding. Last summer we went to Hawaii and did Oahu and Maui and did the sunrise bike down haleakala, snorkeled, part of the road to Hana, surfing lessons and more. We loved those vacations, and are looking to experience a new place with lots to do. We don't scuba, but are a very active family of 5 adults and like to do most other adventure type activities. We have done Turks a few times before, but stayed with a large group and didn't leave the Beaches resort. We have also done the Riviera Maya a few times as well.
Budget is negotiable, but not too extravagant. We really enjoy the combo of active things to do/culture with beach time, not into shopping or spas, do you have any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/ht-rush/
- 2 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 6 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 7 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 40 min layover in CLT
- 10 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 11 Atlantis 1 day
- 12 Atlantis on a budget
- 13 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 14 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 15 St. Barts
- 16 Buses in Aruba
- 17 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 18 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 19 Stingray City Tour
- 20 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 21 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 22 Bahama's outer island
- 23 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 24 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 25 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017