My wife and I have my parents coming into town to watch our two year old twins in August and we would like to go to an All Inclusive Resort in Mexio or the Carribean. We only have 4-5 days so ideally we would like to keep the travel time to a minimum (i.e. Direct Flight from Charlotte, and the resort relatively close to the airport).
We don't necessarily need adult only, but this is a trip for us to get away from the kids so adult only seems like the way to go. My wife and I are in our early 30's. Budget is not really a concern but we don't want to waste money either. The main purpose of the trip is to get away from the kids and relax, so the pool/beach is important. I don't want to have to fight others for pool chairs. Food/Alchohol is also important, and I do not want to have to get in line to make nightly restaurant reservations. We would like some entertainment (I looked at a few AI's with dualing piano bars which we would love). We don't need a club scene at night, but having a few good hang out bars would be very nice.
I was originally set on the Iberostar Grand Paradiso outside of Cancun because I saw a list where it was voted the #1 AI and all the reviews I saw on tripadvisor were very good. However for some reason the flights to Cancun direct from Charlotte are $800PP from 8/8-8/12. When I looked around at other direct flights we could get a direct flight to Nassau for $500, so I looked for AI's in the Bahamas and they were few and far between.
-Sandals Royal Bahamian had a number of poor service reviews on tripadvisor recently.
I also was unsure if we needed to book a room with butler service as a number of the reviews said this is a must have
-Memories Grand Bahama Beach - This seems like more of a value tier AI but the reviews said the food was fantastic and there were a number of very positive reviews in general.
So the question I have is do I bite the bullet on the more expensive flight and do the Iberostar, or would an AI in the Bahamas suit us just as well. I would also be open to any other carribian recommendations for AI's.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 ITS TIME FOR GOOD MEDICATION
- 2 http://thedropnet.com/megadrox/
- 3 http://www.healtheverplus.com/maxtropin/
- 4 http://thedropnet.com/megadrox/
- 5 http://thedropnet.com/megadrox/
- 6 http://bettercoloncleansingguide.com/rexburn-and-maxgain/
- 7 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 8 Island recommendation
- 9 Cuba
- 10 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 11 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 12 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 13 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 14 Can I take alcohol?
- 15 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 16 Scrub Island Resort
- 17 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 18 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 19 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 20 Family vacation for divers
- 21 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 22 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 23 Island advice plz!
- 24 Cubarinking water?
- 25 First time to PR