My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 2 Island recommendation
- 3 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 4 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 5 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 6 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 7 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 8 Family vacation for divers
- 9 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 10 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 11 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 12 Island advice plz!
- 13 Cubarinking water?
- 14 First time to PR
- 15 St. John Trip Report
- 16 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 17 Cuba
- 18 Scrub Island Resort
- 19 St Kitts' Bakery
- 20 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 21 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 22 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 23 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions
- 24 Best Luxury Caribbean Resort
- 25 We adore St. John...looking for something new!