My husband and I will be in Eleuthera, Bahamas. We're "backpack" style and have many questions
Our flight is already booked for Governor's Harbour Airport in the center. We want to rent a car there a day or two in the week, but for the rest of the time, (like airport-accommodation), which is the best way to travel? Is is possible to hitchhike?
If you have one or two places to stay for the full week it would be close to what city? We like to walk, see the sea and have a beach nearby, and a few restaurants and grocery markets or walk.
Last question: should we book the stay now or is it better to do it only for the days on arrival and then find the rest once on the island?
We also appreciate very much if you share your favorites to house not too expensive - and we know yet that the Bahamas are no cheap but we try to save a little money anyway...
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Peterson
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 aruba fun!!!
- 8 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Aruba weather
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Cruise stop activities
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Jade Mountain
- 19 Honeymoon Help!!
- 20 Bermuda
- 21 Restaurant Suggestions
- 22 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?