My husband and I will be in Eleuthera, Bahamas. We're "backpack" style and have many questions
Our flight is already booked for Governor's Harbour Airport in the center. We want to rent a car there a day or two in the week, but for the rest of the time, (like airport-accommodation), which is the best way to travel? Is is possible to hitchhike?
If you have one or two places to stay for the full week it would be close to what city? We like to walk, see the sea and have a beach nearby, and a few restaurants and grocery markets or walk.
Last question: should we book the stay now or is it better to do it only for the days on arrival and then find the rest once on the island?
We also appreciate very much if you share your favorites to house not too expensive - and we know yet that the Bahamas are no cheap but we try to save a little money anyway...
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 4 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 5 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right