I'm traveling to St. Lucia this Summer. I checked nearby islands to combine my trip with and Dominica is the one that has caught my attention. I count on 7, 8 nights tops. However, I'm having a hard time figuring dominica out.
I'm mostly interested in quiet time on beaches and easy hikes that do not require guides. I know that Dominica doesn't get good reviews when it comes to beaches, but I like the pictures that I've seen. I don't intent to visit the whole island in a week (I don't want an ambitious tiresome vacation), specially since I won't count on a car (I can't drive, let alone on the left) but depend on taxis/bus.
So here are my questions:
1. Is Calibishie a good place to base the entire time, at least to explore the north? I like quiet places to base. What about Portsmouth in contrast to Calibishie?
2. Would you suggest a quiet place in the south to consider as a base?
3. What's your experience with buses/taxis? Is there a website that shows bus routes?
Thanks for your time and input,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 파워볼번호 ◎도메인:【mat14.com】가입코드:ctx20≪kakao:ctx2012▶▶
- 2 http://www.potentmuscles.com/vigorous-extend
- 3 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 4 Havana
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 10 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 11 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 12 Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 14 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 15 Family vacation
- 16 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 17 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 18 PR or USVI
- 19 Havana Hotel
- 20 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 21 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 22 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 23 Cayman Islands Currency
- 24 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 25 Martinique June 4th - 16th