I'm traveling to St. Lucia this Summer. I checked nearby islands to combine my trip with and Dominica is the one that has caught my attention. I count on 7, 8 nights tops. However, I'm having a hard time figuring dominica out.
I'm mostly interested in quiet time on beaches and easy hikes that do not require guides. I know that Dominica doesn't get good reviews when it comes to beaches, but I like the pictures that I've seen. I don't intent to visit the whole island in a week (I don't want an ambitious tiresome vacation), specially since I won't count on a car (I can't drive, let alone on the left) but depend on taxis/bus.
So here are my questions:
1. Is Calibishie a good place to base the entire time, at least to explore the north? I like quiet places to base. What about Portsmouth in contrast to Calibishie?
2. Would you suggest a quiet place in the south to consider as a base?
3. What's your experience with buses/taxis? Is there a website that shows bus routes?
Thanks for your time and input,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?