We were booked at Stonefield Estate for a week in Feb. 2009. On our first full day there, I went out to the outdoor shower and fractured my toe on a poorly designed step that had no painted marking to indicate caution. There was also no warning on the door leading out to the shower. We left the next day after seeing a doctor the hotel called in. In order to try to recover some of our original return flight I needed a fax from the doctor. I not only telephoned him and the hotel (including the manager and assistant manager) a total of 10 times - I also faxed the doctor, each time explaining what I needed. I finally got the fax a month later. My telephone bill for these calls came to $300. I emailed the hotel and requested that they refund us one night's stay to compensate for their house doctor's -- and their --failure to send the information promptly. I have heard nothing back from the hotel. Needless to say, if we return to St Lucia, which is a beautiful island from the little we saw, we will stay elsewhere.
A frustrating "mini" trip to St Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Honeymoon Destination
- 4 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 5 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 6 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 7 shore excursions
- 8 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 9 just be careful
- 10 Restaurants in Aruba
- 11 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 14 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 15 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 16 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 17 Bahamas girls trip
- 18 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 19 Safe for Family
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 22 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 23 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 24 Curacao vs Barbados
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba