We were booked at Stonefield Estate for a week in Feb. 2009. On our first full day there, I went out to the outdoor shower and fractured my toe on a poorly designed step that had no painted marking to indicate caution. There was also no warning on the door leading out to the shower. We left the next day after seeing a doctor the hotel called in. In order to try to recover some of our original return flight I needed a fax from the doctor. I not only telephoned him and the hotel (including the manager and assistant manager) a total of 10 times - I also faxed the doctor, each time explaining what I needed. I finally got the fax a month later. My telephone bill for these calls came to $300. I emailed the hotel and requested that they refund us one night's stay to compensate for their house doctor's -- and their --failure to send the information promptly. I have heard nothing back from the hotel. Needless to say, if we return to St Lucia, which is a beautiful island from the little we saw, we will stay elsewhere.
A frustrating "mini" trip to St Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carribean vacation with infant
- 2 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 3 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 4 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 5 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 6 Cayman Islands in October
- 7 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 8 things to do in Nassau
- 9 Which Island?
- 10 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 11 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 12 St. John USVI
- 13 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 14 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 15 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 16 Best island for early to mid November
- 17 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 18 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 21 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 22 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 23 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas