We were booked at Stonefield Estate for a week in Feb. 2009. On our first full day there, I went out to the outdoor shower and fractured my toe on a poorly designed step that had no painted marking to indicate caution. There was also no warning on the door leading out to the shower. We left the next day after seeing a doctor the hotel called in. In order to try to recover some of our original return flight I needed a fax from the doctor. I not only telephoned him and the hotel (including the manager and assistant manager) a total of 10 times - I also faxed the doctor, each time explaining what I needed. I finally got the fax a month later. My telephone bill for these calls came to $300. I emailed the hotel and requested that they refund us one night's stay to compensate for their house doctor's -- and their --failure to send the information promptly. I have heard nothing back from the hotel. Needless to say, if we return to St Lucia, which is a beautiful island from the little we saw, we will stay elsewhere.
A frustrating "mini" trip to St Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica