We were booked at Stonefield Estate for a week in Feb. 2009. On our first full day there, I went out to the outdoor shower and fractured my toe on a poorly designed step that had no painted marking to indicate caution. There was also no warning on the door leading out to the shower. We left the next day after seeing a doctor the hotel called in. In order to try to recover some of our original return flight I needed a fax from the doctor. I not only telephoned him and the hotel (including the manager and assistant manager) a total of 10 times - I also faxed the doctor, each time explaining what I needed. I finally got the fax a month later. My telephone bill for these calls came to $300. I emailed the hotel and requested that they refund us one night's stay to compensate for their house doctor's -- and their --failure to send the information promptly. I have heard nothing back from the hotel. Needless to say, if we return to St Lucia, which is a beautiful island from the little we saw, we will stay elsewhere.
A frustrating "mini" trip to St Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 2 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 7 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 8 St. Kitts, the details
- 9 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 10 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 11 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 12 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 13 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 16 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 17 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 18 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 19 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 20 8 TUFF MILES
- 21 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 22 1 week in San Juan
- 23 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 24 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro
- 25 Bermuda Weekend Feb 2014