We were booked at Stonefield Estate for a week in Feb. 2009. On our first full day there, I went out to the outdoor shower and fractured my toe on a poorly designed step that had no painted marking to indicate caution. There was also no warning on the door leading out to the shower. We left the next day after seeing a doctor the hotel called in. In order to try to recover some of our original return flight I needed a fax from the doctor. I not only telephoned him and the hotel (including the manager and assistant manager) a total of 10 times - I also faxed the doctor, each time explaining what I needed. I finally got the fax a month later. My telephone bill for these calls came to $300. I emailed the hotel and requested that they refund us one night's stay to compensate for their house doctor's -- and their --failure to send the information promptly. I have heard nothing back from the hotel. Needless to say, if we return to St Lucia, which is a beautiful island from the little we saw, we will stay elsewhere.
A frustrating "mini" trip to St Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 2 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 3 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 4 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 7 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 8 Get info about weather.
- 9 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 12 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 13 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 14 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 15 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 16 LIAT Air
- 17 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 18 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 19 Need help again!!
- 20 relaxed beaches in january
- 21 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 22 AirBnb be aware of a scam on this site (not AirBnb's fault)
- 23 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 24 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 25 Cap Estate or Soufriere?