I am renting a house in the hills a 10 minute walk from Cruz Bay with my husband, our toddler and 1 other couple. We are looking to do some hiking, swimming and snorkeling while we are in St. John.
Is it do-able to get around for a few days via bus while we are there (we don’t have the same exact dates as the other couple, so we wanted to rent a car for our overlapping dates only). How strenuous is the hiking? Should we bring the hiking carrier / backpack for our toddler to be carried around in?
Are there certain beaches that are more “kid friendly” than others (e.g. shallow, not super crowded, shallow snorkeling)?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Bermuda
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Restaurant Suggestions
- 7 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel