Hello, all! I am currently in an flight situation. Our cheapest flight option is to leave Nashville at 6am on a Saturday, connect in Miami for 50 min and then catch the flight to St Thomas. We will be checking one bag. All is on American Airlines. Another option is to take a later flight out of Miami, but arrive in St Thomas at 2:30, which makes catching our ferry to Virgin Gorda tight. A more expensive option (by about $250 total) is to take a US Air flight through Charlotte that gives us almost a 2hr layover AND gets us to STT with ample time to spare for the ferry. I don't really know what to do. The 50 min makes me nervous...both for us and our checked bag, but the 2:30 arrival and only and hour to catch the ferry gives me pause, as well! Do you guys have an opinion? We have flown through both Charlotte and Miami to get to the Caribbean, but I do not recall our connection times in Miami. Thanks so much!
50 minute connection to St Thomas in Miami
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 3 Where to stay on Vieques
- 4 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 month stay on a caribbean island
- 7 Ferry to Rum Point
- 8 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?