Hello, all! I am currently in an flight situation. Our cheapest flight option is to leave Nashville at 6am on a Saturday, connect in Miami for 50 min and then catch the flight to St Thomas. We will be checking one bag. All is on American Airlines. Another option is to take a later flight out of Miami, but arrive in St Thomas at 2:30, which makes catching our ferry to Virgin Gorda tight. A more expensive option (by about $250 total) is to take a US Air flight through Charlotte that gives us almost a 2hr layover AND gets us to STT with ample time to spare for the ferry. I don't really know what to do. The 50 min makes me nervous...both for us and our checked bag, but the 2:30 arrival and only and hour to catch the ferry gives me pause, as well! Do you guys have an opinion? We have flown through both Charlotte and Miami to get to the Caribbean, but I do not recall our connection times in Miami. Thanks so much!
50 minute connection to St Thomas in Miami
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tipping at AI
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 4 Traveling Solo
- 5 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 A Volcanic Paradise
- 8 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 9 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 10 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 11 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 12 St. Kitts, the details
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 15 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 16 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 17 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 18 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?