Hello, all! I am currently in an flight situation. Our cheapest flight option is to leave Nashville at 6am on a Saturday, connect in Miami for 50 min and then catch the flight to St Thomas. We will be checking one bag. All is on American Airlines. Another option is to take a later flight out of Miami, but arrive in St Thomas at 2:30, which makes catching our ferry to Virgin Gorda tight. A more expensive option (by about $250 total) is to take a US Air flight through Charlotte that gives us almost a 2hr layover AND gets us to STT with ample time to spare for the ferry. I don't really know what to do. The 50 min makes me nervous...both for us and our checked bag, but the 2:30 arrival and only and hour to catch the ferry gives me pause, as well! Do you guys have an opinion? We have flown through both Charlotte and Miami to get to the Caribbean, but I do not recall our connection times in Miami. Thanks so much!
50 minute connection to St Thomas in Miami
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carribean vacation with infant
- 2 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 3 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 4 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 5 Cayman Islands in October
- 6 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 7 things to do in Nassau
- 8 Which Island?
- 9 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 10 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 11 St. John USVI
- 12 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 13 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 14 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 15 Best island for early to mid November
- 16 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 17 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 20 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 21 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 22 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 23 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 24 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 25 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?