Hello, all! I am currently in an flight situation. Our cheapest flight option is to leave Nashville at 6am on a Saturday, connect in Miami for 50 min and then catch the flight to St Thomas. We will be checking one bag. All is on American Airlines. Another option is to take a later flight out of Miami, but arrive in St Thomas at 2:30, which makes catching our ferry to Virgin Gorda tight. A more expensive option (by about $250 total) is to take a US Air flight through Charlotte that gives us almost a 2hr layover AND gets us to STT with ample time to spare for the ferry. I don't really know what to do. The 50 min makes me nervous...both for us and our checked bag, but the 2:30 arrival and only and hour to catch the ferry gives me pause, as well! Do you guys have an opinion? We have flown through both Charlotte and Miami to get to the Caribbean, but I do not recall our connection times in Miami. Thanks so much!
50 minute connection to St Thomas in Miami
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan