New here and this is my first post.
Married young (late 20's) couple from Australia visitng USA for the first time in August 2014 for 3 weeks. We are travelling to Vegas, Miami, New York and LA (in that order) then back to Australia and we have 3 spare days on the agenda where we would love to visit the Caribbean (something different and relaxing). I hear August is hurricane season in the Caribbean so I thought I would put the question out there. Is it a mistake visitng the Caribbean Islands in August? If it isn't can someone please give me some options. Some of the options that came up during my research have been Bahamas, St Maarten, Cayman Islands and St. Barts or even the Rivera Maya in Mexico but I am open to anything. This is a summary of what we are after:
1. Direct flight to a Caribbean Island and return. Either from Vegas - Caribbean Island - Miami OR Miami - Caribbean Island - New York.
2. Time frame - 2 nights/3 days in August 2014.
3. Agenda - relaxing, beautiful water, chilled out, snorkeling, beautiful hotel, good street food and restaurant food, a bit of history or something to see and do during the day other than shopping. We have NY and Vegas to shop in and USA is going to be pretty full on with daily tours and walking so we don't mind just relaxing.
4. Budget - $300.00 or $400.00 USD a night or under for room only. $50.00 - $100.00 a day for food (2 - 3 meals without alcohol).
Any suggestions, recommendations and advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican republic
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary