New here and this is my first post.
Married young (late 20's) couple from Australia visitng USA for the first time in August 2014 for 3 weeks. We are travelling to Vegas, Miami, New York and LA (in that order) then back to Australia and we have 3 spare days on the agenda where we would love to visit the Caribbean (something different and relaxing). I hear August is hurricane season in the Caribbean so I thought I would put the question out there. Is it a mistake visitng the Caribbean Islands in August? If it isn't can someone please give me some options. Some of the options that came up during my research have been Bahamas, St Maarten, Cayman Islands and St. Barts or even the Rivera Maya in Mexico but I am open to anything. This is a summary of what we are after:
1. Direct flight to a Caribbean Island and return. Either from Vegas - Caribbean Island - Miami OR Miami - Caribbean Island - New York.
2. Time frame - 2 nights/3 days in August 2014.
3. Agenda - relaxing, beautiful water, chilled out, snorkeling, beautiful hotel, good street food and restaurant food, a bit of history or something to see and do during the day other than shopping. We have NY and Vegas to shop in and USA is going to be pretty full on with daily tours and walking so we don't mind just relaxing.
4. Budget - $300.00 or $400.00 USD a night or under for room only. $50.00 - $100.00 a day for food (2 - 3 meals without alcohol).
Any suggestions, recommendations and advice will be much appreciated.
3 day trip in the Caribbean or Mexico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 2 Barbados question where to stay
- 3 Barbados Ferry Service
- 4 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 5 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 6 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 7 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 8 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 9 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 10 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 11 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 12 Caribbean with grown kids
- 13 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 14 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 15 Driving in Aurba
- 16 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 17 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 18 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 19 Restaurant in Aruba
- 20 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 21 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 22 Providenciales Airport
- 23 2 weeks in Cuba
- 24 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 25 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?