Myself and a friend plan on travelling to Cuba in March for approx.2 weeks. We are trying to plan an itinerary and wonder with the distances involved if we should focus on the places within a few hours of Havana - or if we should go as far as Santiago and Baracoa?
Our main interest is culture and just getting a feel for the country. We travel a lot, and really enjoy spending time experiencing cities and countryside and getting to know a country. Ideally, we don't want a whistle stop tour but are not spend the days sitting around drinking coffee kind of people either! We are not bothered about the beach holiday side of Cuba - a couple of days would be nice, but not at the expense of somewhere that would offer a different side to the culture of Cuba.
We plan to get taxi transfers if possible (one of us suffers from travel sickness) and this does not seem prohibitively expensive. We will stay mostly in casas.
Any tips or advice as to how best to use our time very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL Reset Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL MAIL Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 Havana
- 3 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 4 Barbados-how about this place?
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 11 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 12 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 13 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 18 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 19 PR or USVI
- 20 Havana Hotel
- 21 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 24 Cayman Islands Currency
- 25 Virgin Gorda BVI