Myself and a friend plan on travelling to Cuba in March for approx.2 weeks. We are trying to plan an itinerary and wonder with the distances involved if we should focus on the places within a few hours of Havana - or if we should go as far as Santiago and Baracoa?
Our main interest is culture and just getting a feel for the country. We travel a lot, and really enjoy spending time experiencing cities and countryside and getting to know a country. Ideally, we don't want a whistle stop tour but are not spend the days sitting around drinking coffee kind of people either! We are not bothered about the beach holiday side of Cuba - a couple of days would be nice, but not at the expense of somewhere that would offer a different side to the culture of Cuba.
We plan to get taxi transfers if possible (one of us suffers from travel sickness) and this does not seem prohibitively expensive. We will stay mostly in casas.
Any tips or advice as to how best to use our time very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 3 Airport transfer PUJ
- 4 Bahama's outer island
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Trouble booking hotels!
- 7 Restaurant Recommendations
- 8 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 9 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 10 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 11 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 12 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 13 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 14 40 min layover in CLT
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Atlantis 1 day
- 17 Atlantis on a budget
- 18 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 19 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 20 St. Barts
- 21 Buses in Aruba
- 22 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 23 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 24 Stingray City Tour
- 25 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April