Myself and a friend plan on travelling to Cuba in March for approx.2 weeks. We are trying to plan an itinerary and wonder with the distances involved if we should focus on the places within a few hours of Havana - or if we should go as far as Santiago and Baracoa?
Our main interest is culture and just getting a feel for the country. We travel a lot, and really enjoy spending time experiencing cities and countryside and getting to know a country. Ideally, we don't want a whistle stop tour but are not spend the days sitting around drinking coffee kind of people either! We are not bothered about the beach holiday side of Cuba - a couple of days would be nice, but not at the expense of somewhere that would offer a different side to the culture of Cuba.
We plan to get taxi transfers if possible (one of us suffers from travel sickness) and this does not seem prohibitively expensive. We will stay mostly in casas.
Any tips or advice as to how best to use our time very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 4 St.Lucia newbie
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 8 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 9 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Aruba weather
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Cruise stop activities
- 16 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 17 Jade Mountain
- 18 Honeymoon Help!!
- 19 Bermuda
- 20 Restaurant Suggestions
- 21 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 22 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 23 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 24 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 25 Taxi info. Self touring