Myself and a friend plan on travelling to Cuba in March for approx.2 weeks. We are trying to plan an itinerary and wonder with the distances involved if we should focus on the places within a few hours of Havana - or if we should go as far as Santiago and Baracoa?
Our main interest is culture and just getting a feel for the country. We travel a lot, and really enjoy spending time experiencing cities and countryside and getting to know a country. Ideally, we don't want a whistle stop tour but are not spend the days sitting around drinking coffee kind of people either! We are not bothered about the beach holiday side of Cuba - a couple of days would be nice, but not at the expense of somewhere that would offer a different side to the culture of Cuba.
We plan to get taxi transfers if possible (one of us suffers from travel sickness) and this does not seem prohibitively expensive. We will stay mostly in casas.
Any tips or advice as to how best to use our time very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 Month travel ideas
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba