I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
2 centre trip to Cuba from the UK
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?