I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba in November
- 2 Have seen the association in my considerations
- 3 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 4 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 5 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 6 Late May Trip
- 7 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 8 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 9 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 10 Cheers to Beers!
- 11 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 12 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 13 New Years Eve / St John
- 14 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 15 Island Choice
- 16 Aruba Car Rental
- 17 If we loved Cayman...
- 18 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 19 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 20 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 21 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 22 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 aruba planning advice
- 25 Post Christmas to Mid January Getaway For Two