I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 2 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 3 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 4 Bahamas help
- 5 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 6 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 7 Vacation suggestion, please
- 8 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 11 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 12 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 13 New Destination
- 14 aruba planning advice
- 15 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 16 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 17 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 18 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 19 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 21 Barbados Beaches
- 22 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 23 Peterson
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help