I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba
- 2 My New Life !
- 3 When to go to El Yunque
- 4 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 5 Honeymoon Advice
- 6 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 7 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 8 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 9 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 10 Conference in Cuba in February
- 11 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 12 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 13 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 Small boat excursion
- 16 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 17 Overwhelmed....
- 18 Can you tell me where?
- 19 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 20 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 21 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 22 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 23 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 24 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 25 first Caribbean trip with kids