I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Been to/going to Cuba? Please take Harvard survey
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Dominican republic
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 importing pets to sxm
- 7 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 8 St. Barts
- 9 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 10 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 11 PR or USVI
- 12 Which Caribbean island?
- 13 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 14 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 15 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 16 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 17 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 18 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 19 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 20 5 days in Havana
- 21 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 22 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 23 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 24 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 25 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba