I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Financial Offer/Business Funding Available Through Bank Instruments
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 4 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 5 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 6 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 7 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 8 Cuba for 6 days
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 11 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 12 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 13 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 when to visit barbados
- 16 Barbados Beaches
- 17 Punta Cana
- 18 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 19 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 20 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 21 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 22 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 23 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Trouble booking hotels!