My husband and I have a rare opportunity to get out of town without kids - the most likely week we can go is November 15th. We are looking for somewhere in the Carribean that will include more than just a beach. We have already been to St. Barths and Turks & Caicos - although we loved both we don't want to return to either for this trip. We were thinking of going to Sugar Beach in St. Lucia because the property looks beautiful and there appear to be a lot of activities other than the beach on the island. However we are less than thrilled about the price tag of the villas there. (I am aware you can also stay in a room). Before we plunk down our credit cards there, are there any other resorts or islands we should consider? (By the way we do not want to go to Jade Mtn or Ladera - the three wall concept is not for us). We do like the private villa concept with plunge pool of Sugar Beach. I would appreciate any and all thoughts!
10 yr anniversary trip - Sugar Beach St. Lucia or somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 2 Carry on size Bahamas
- 3 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 4 Vacation Ideas
- 5 St John March, where to stay
- 6 The right adults-only resort
- 7 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 8 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 9 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 10 Cupecoy Beach
- 11 Tips for bahamas
- 12 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 13 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 14 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 15 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 16 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 17 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 18 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 19 walkable hotels
- 20 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 21 Back from San Juan
- 22 St Thomas
- 23 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 24 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 25 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant