I'm planning a 2 week long road trip from Toronto to the East Coast for May 2016. We just started planning so we only have a general itinerary. There will only be one driver so I'm trying to keep the drives daily to a minimum.The amounts below are the total amounts, there will be multiple breaks and stops during them.
Any suggestions for hotels, restaurants, pubs, activities, attractions would be very appreciated. This is my first big trip so I don't entirely know what I'm doing, be nice please!
The whole thing will be pretty casual, a few must sees planned but mainly just enjoying the views and exploring whatever we find intriguing.
Day 1: Toronto to Quebec City - 7.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 2: Quebec City to Fredericton - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 3: Fredericton to Saint Stephen to Saint Andrews to Saint John - 3 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 4: Saint John to Alma (Fundy National Park) - 2 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 5: Alma to The Rocks Provincial Park to Moncton - 1 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 6: Moncton to Yarmouth - 6 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (Taking the 101, more small towns route)
Day 7: Yarmouth to Peggy's Cove to Halifax - 4 hr drive - Stay 2 Nights
Day 8: Halifax to Sydney - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (more scenic coastal route)
Day 9: Sydney to Cape North (Cabot Trail) - 4 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 10: Cape Breton Island to New Glasgow....to PEI.
Day 11-12: Charlottetown to somewhere - Stay 1 - 2 Nights
Day 13: PEI or New Brunswick to Montreal - Stay 1 Night
Day 14: Montreal to Toronto - 5 hr drive
I'm not sure what to do when PEI comes along. Should we take the Ferry to PEI from NS or go back into NB and take the Confederation Bridge?
We know we want to stay in Charlottetown 1 night and would like another night in PEI but we're not sure where. We don't have much interest in Anne of Green Gables and don't know very much about PEI to be honest... Bad Canadians !
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 2 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 3 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 7 March in Montreal?
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 10 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 11 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 12 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 13 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 16 Tofino
- 17 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 20 11th and 12th grade
- 21 Vancouver trip report!
- 22 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 23 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 24 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 25 looking to experience Canada by train