I'm planning a 2 week long road trip from Toronto to the East Coast for May 2016. We just started planning so we only have a general itinerary. There will only be one driver so I'm trying to keep the drives daily to a minimum.The amounts below are the total amounts, there will be multiple breaks and stops during them.
Any suggestions for hotels, restaurants, pubs, activities, attractions would be very appreciated. This is my first big trip so I don't entirely know what I'm doing, be nice please!
The whole thing will be pretty casual, a few must sees planned but mainly just enjoying the views and exploring whatever we find intriguing.
Day 1: Toronto to Quebec City - 7.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 2: Quebec City to Fredericton - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 3: Fredericton to Saint Stephen to Saint Andrews to Saint John - 3 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 4: Saint John to Alma (Fundy National Park) - 2 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 5: Alma to The Rocks Provincial Park to Moncton - 1 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 6: Moncton to Yarmouth - 6 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (Taking the 101, more small towns route)
Day 7: Yarmouth to Peggy's Cove to Halifax - 4 hr drive - Stay 2 Nights
Day 8: Halifax to Sydney - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (more scenic coastal route)
Day 9: Sydney to Cape North (Cabot Trail) - 4 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 10: Cape Breton Island to New Glasgow....to PEI.
Day 11-12: Charlottetown to somewhere - Stay 1 - 2 Nights
Day 13: PEI or New Brunswick to Montreal - Stay 1 Night
Day 14: Montreal to Toronto - 5 hr drive
I'm not sure what to do when PEI comes along. Should we take the Ferry to PEI from NS or go back into NB and take the Confederation Bridge?
We know we want to stay in Charlottetown 1 night and would like another night in PEI but we're not sure where. We don't have much interest in Anne of Green Gables and don't know very much about PEI to be honest... Bad Canadians !
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Best offer on lenses and glasses in Bradford.
- 2 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 3 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 4 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 5 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 6 Quebec to yarmouth
- 7 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 8 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 9 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 10 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 11 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 12 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 13 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 14 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 15 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 16 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 17 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 18 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 19 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 20 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 21 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 22 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 23 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 24 Pearson Airport logistics
- 25 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?