I'm planning a 2 week long road trip from Toronto to the East Coast for May 2016. We just started planning so we only have a general itinerary. There will only be one driver so I'm trying to keep the drives daily to a minimum.The amounts below are the total amounts, there will be multiple breaks and stops during them.
Any suggestions for hotels, restaurants, pubs, activities, attractions would be very appreciated. This is my first big trip so I don't entirely know what I'm doing, be nice please!
The whole thing will be pretty casual, a few must sees planned but mainly just enjoying the views and exploring whatever we find intriguing.
Day 1: Toronto to Quebec City - 7.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 2: Quebec City to Fredericton - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 3: Fredericton to Saint Stephen to Saint Andrews to Saint John - 3 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 4: Saint John to Alma (Fundy National Park) - 2 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 5: Alma to The Rocks Provincial Park to Moncton - 1 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 6: Moncton to Yarmouth - 6 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (Taking the 101, more small towns route)
Day 7: Yarmouth to Peggy's Cove to Halifax - 4 hr drive - Stay 2 Nights
Day 8: Halifax to Sydney - 5.5 hr drive - Stay 1 Night (more scenic coastal route)
Day 9: Sydney to Cape North (Cabot Trail) - 4 hr drive - Stay 1 Night
Day 10: Cape Breton Island to New Glasgow....to PEI.
Day 11-12: Charlottetown to somewhere - Stay 1 - 2 Nights
Day 13: PEI or New Brunswick to Montreal - Stay 1 Night
Day 14: Montreal to Toronto - 5 hr drive
I'm not sure what to do when PEI comes along. Should we take the Ferry to PEI from NS or go back into NB and take the Confederation Bridge?
We know we want to stay in Charlottetown 1 night and would like another night in PEI but we're not sure where. We don't have much interest in Anne of Green Gables and don't know very much about PEI to be honest... Bad Canadians !
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Layover in Toronto
- 2 45th Birthday Getaway
- 3 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 4 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 5 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 6 Icefields Parkway
- 7 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 8 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 9 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 10 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 11 Keltic Lodge
- 12 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 13 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 15 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 16 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 17 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 20 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 21 Banff to Jasper and back
- 22 Canmore for a few days
- 23 The Canadian
- 24 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 25 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse